setting your dbox with remote only(nokia dbox 2)dublin

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by Scoopdog, Apr 7, 2008.

1. Scoopdog

Scoopdog Member

Guide to changing the Key codes on Nokia D box via remote control

If the D Box goes down and the only channels you have left are RTE 2, TV3 , Channel 6 etc., don’t do a service scan, if you do you will lose most of your channels and it makes it more difficult to get them back.

NOTE: When I refer to scroll in text below, I mean using the Toggle buttons that are around the OK button on the remote control, the button below the OK you use to scroll down, the one above use to scroll up and down, the buttons to the left & right you use to move left & right. If you make a mistake and you want to go back to the start, press the home button and don’t save changes. To get started follow instructions below:

. Press the blue button and you will be in the features menu, scroll to Tuxbox Commander, press OK.

You should now be looking at the files on the D Box.

. Scroll to VAR and press ok, If you don’t see VAR, scroll to <DIR> & press ok, if you still don’t see VAR scroll to the next <DIR> and press ok, keep doing this until VAR appears on the screen!

. When you find the VAR file and you press OK, scroll to Keys & press OK

. Scroll to Keylist.txt and press 4 on your remote control! It is important that you don’t press OK when you scroll to keylist.txt , you must press 4 in order to edit the code that will appear! If you pressed OK in error , just press the Home button and start again.

After pressing 4 you should be looking at a screen with /var/keys/keylist.txt at the top, 4 or 5 codes in the middle and numbers 1 to 9 at the bottom.

Now you need to scroll to the code that you are going to change, e.g old code is as follows:

N S401 00 587436A3B220CB46 and we need to change it to N S401 00 587436A3B230CB46

We are only changing one digit this time, in future you may have to change more digits.

When you have have scrolled to code you want to change press OK, When you press OK, the code becomes slightly larger and the first digit changes colour to red, this is now your cursor!

. Scroll to the digit you want to change, and then use the numbers on your remote to change that digit to whatever character you want, e.g. if you want to change the digit to 3 , you press the number 3 button four times until 3 appears, the press ok. The same would apply if you want to change it to 4, you press the number 4 button on your remote four times and press OK.

. When you have changed the digit to the new one, press the Home button, it will ask you do you want to save changes, if you are happy with the new change, scroll to yes and press OK.

. You should now have changed the code, to get back to the TV screen, press home.

. In order for the changes to work you need to reboot, press the D box button and scroll to reboot and press OK. When it reboots you channels should be back!

2. mking24

mking24 Member

Hi Scoop thanks for the step by step advice you've given. However, I have noticed that the top line of code i.e. the latest one on two my my dboxes do not correspond to the code you have listed on your post.

I tried entering the code you've mentioned. I then proceeded to save it and then rebooted. Upon the reboot i could not get any of the channels. I then proceeded to do a service scan on one and it replaced the your code I inputted.

Note: I am using the provider, NTL Cable Dublin

Any advice would be appreciated.

3. mking24

mking24 Member

I tried the same procedure as you mentioned for my 2nd digibox which was initially set up and working but never used.

That also did not have the code N S401 00 587436A3B220CB46 listed in the keylist.

Whether there is another setting on my dboxes that differs from yours I do not know, as someone I know tried the procedure, found the code in the keylist on their's and it worked.

4. Scoopdog

Scoopdog Member

First of all the code i used may work for some and not for others you must also use evocam and disable all nagra except 7 #2 when ntl do a rollover ie. blank screen never do a scan you have now deleted all the service/cable/bouquets from your box and the key codes so not a good idea i also use blade trinity final as sportster and commando are shite

hope you get it sorted

5. Scoopdog

Scoopdog Member

N 5401 00 067AF388D22415FD ; ROM7 AU Key Time Tue Apr 8 17:52:53 2008 and we need to change it to N 5401 00 067AF388D22415F5 ; ROM7 AU Key Time Tue Apr 8 17:52:53 2008
    this is the most up to date code that i have entered and it works in dublin 12 not sure how long this bullshit is gonna go on

6. lovebox

lovebox Member

My nokia dbox2 has suddenly lost all the channels except terrestorial. I rebooted it but no result then I scanned and still the same result. I am living in East London Area (Essex). Has Virgin-media changed the keys of the Area? Anybody can Guide me for solution? Thanks

7. lovebox

lovebox Member

I have checked keylist.txt in Tuxbox commander and on screen /var/keys/kelist.txt I found the following latest code as follows;

N 5C 01 00 ED 74 1E 7A 5F 7B 6040 ; ROM11 AU key .(time).Tue 8.4.2008
    N 5C 01 00 ED 74 1E 7A 5F 6B 7040 ; ROM10 AU key .(time).Tue 8.4.2008

Which figures do I need to change to get the positive result that is all channels to view? Thanks

8. sidhanif

sidhanif Member

hi im form the surrey area.

i have managed to get into the key listtext screen.

the two codes are shown as follows

N5401 00 F570E3AD3F2DF8E4 ; ROM10 AU KEY TIME WED APR 9 05:56:13 2008
    N5401 01 B4E202E7170179BC ; ROM7 AU KEY TIME WED APR 9 05:55:41 2008

what are the revised codes for the Dbox.

not quite shure why the auto update has failed this time.

help

thanks

9. john1690

john1690 Regular member

what do i have to do , i have changed my codes from

ns401 00 f 5 7 0 e 3 a d 3 f 2 d f 8 f 4 to

ns401 00 f 5 7 0 e 3 a d 3 f 2 5 f 8 f 4
    then i saved ,then rebooted , but now i have
    nothing in where the key codes , im still
    gettting my terrestrial tv ,so can some one tell me if i have to reflash my box , thanks

10. dragonx

dragonx Guest

Hi Guys

I'm using latest Andromeda on a Sagem Dbox2 and when following instructions above to change key codes, I get as far as pressing 4 but nothing happens, I have the codes from Bigmaq but cannot change them. Any ideas ?

11. mking24

mking24 Member

Hey any luck cracking the new code that they've put into their system today?

12. Dalesw2

Dalesw2 Member

im must look dum asking this but how do u turn auto up data off?

13. slyfoxy1

slyfoxy1 Member

HELP
    I have changed my box code (it only needed one digit to change)and it was working fine until 2300 tonight and it has gone off again just a black screen my number was 00 541ECE02A2587186 BUT NOW THAT IS NOT WORKING...Also a full number code has appeared above this number and the last three digits have changed to 996 instead of the above number 186
    any help very much appreciated
    regards
    slyfoxy1

14. tino1976

tino1976 Member

Balls!!!

I did an auto update as this has worked for me before!

any answers?

I will love you forever!

cheers

15. FOCUS1

FOCUS1 Member

16. mehtaajay

mehtaajay Guest

my nokia d box have soprtstar and not able to change the code. any one can help me how to change in nokia dbox with soprtstare install.

Aj

17. eiremuzz

eiremuzz Member

18. eiremuzz

eiremuzz Member

Scoopdog,
    Cheers for the great info DBOX2 doing the head in.
    Few questions ,
    1 how do you turn autoupdate off
    2.can you explain what this is about "evocam and disable all nagra except 7 #2 "
    3.where do you get hold of blade trinity final ( image I presume )and is it a simple cut and paste to DBOX using ftp on pc and if image , how do you get it to boot using that image

Tried a few codes ( BigMaq etc )at this stage and no joy

Any help much appreciated

19. corkeryad

corkeryad Member

NTL Dublin - Keylist.txt

Open and replace text with:

N 5401 00 1AC4BB2D468053FB
    N 5401 01 ABA68DDBB24DFFC6

Upload and Reboot

Still working today Friday, 11th April

20. FOCUS1

FOCUS1 Member