1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

shadow of the colossus - black screen, iv tried everything

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by mub6, Mar 2, 2006.

1. mub6

mub6 Regular member

okay hey guys
    i downloaded shadow of the collosus using bittorrent
    the game is in .nrg format, and 2.5 gb
    but it just wont work, i thought it may be a problem with the image file so i re downloaded the same torrent (somebody told me that it definately worked so i downloaded the same one again)
    my ps2 is a v5/v6 and has a modchip in it that makes it say toxic at the beginning
    im using ritek g05 -r 8x and im burning at 4x,
    iv even tried rebuiding the game
    iv had my firmware updated,
    iv applied that wnaspi.dll thing into dvd deryptor
    im using dvd decryptor to burn the game and tryed nero, iv had about 15 coasters so far just trying different methods.
    iv tried everything, and iv never had any problems with any of my backup games, iv played about 10 backup games on my ps2 and ALL of them worked, i just have problems with this one.
    it just shows a black screen at the start
    the only problem that i could think of is that the game is in ntsc and im in the uk, but this shouldnt be a problem as i have a mod chip right, and besides iv played ntsc games before
    hope somebody can help me
    thanx allot

2. steimy

steimy Active member

Have you tried bring up the settings for your chip, which would be a DMS3 or DMS4 with the Toxic Logo.
    Try this, start the Ps2 and hold down the square button on the controller while it is starting and see if you get the options screen.
    If so go in and set the force mode to PAL and the Y-Position fix to yes. See if that solves it. In order to play some games from other regions you may have to change the settings on the chip once in a while.
    Also you need to find out what kind of chip you have for sure.
    Without knowing that you will never be able to download the correct updates for it. Updating your chip is free, and is important to do as it will contain new features and fixes about twice a year.

3. mub6

mub6 Regular member

ok i will do as you jut told me,
    but the problem is that i may never know which chip i have as my cousin asked one of his colleagues to mod my ps2 and my cousin assumed it was messiah 2 because he got his done by the same guy and his was a messiah 2 so what to do now,
    and the thing is that i have already played many games from other regions and they never give me any hassle, so do u really think changing the settings is necessary.
    anyway i will try to mess about with options
    thanx for the reply

4. mub6

mub6 Regular member

sorry for the delay in replying, iv been sort of busy
    ok i did what you said, i pressed square but nothing happened, i tried circle and still nothing and i tried L1 and still i get no reply from the modchip, what should i do now.
    and yes i do get the toxic logo at the start with the skull and it cant be the discs because i have backed up exactly two games successfully with the same ritek g05 and they still work.
    what should i do now, i really want to play this game
    thanx in advanced

5. mub6

mub6 Regular member

ok it worked i press square and this is what comes up in the menu what should i change now.

default boot mode : normal
    MM16 enabled : yes
    PS2 video fix :eek:ff
    PSX video fix : on
    ATAD auto-patch : on
    skip PS2 logo : off
    display toxic logo : on

PS2 version eur XXXX 04/07/2001
    DMS4 hardware version: 1.0 lite
    DMS4 Flash version : 1.0 lite
    DMS4 config version : 1.0

I tried changing PS2 video fix to forced pal but it still didnt work and which one is the y position fix.

ok hope you guys can help me now.
    Thanx in advance