sharing internet off mobile modem help please

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by okton6, Jan 28, 2010.

1. okton6

okton6 Guest

so i have a mobile modem or aka a rogers internet stick and need help not to set up but to share with other people here it goes
    first i have my desktop with the stick and its plug in and connected to internet then i have a wire connected between my router and desktop directly to the port were my regulaur modem would go and then finally my router conects to my two laptops so please help me share my mobile internet

what i want to accomplish is to turn my mobile stick into a regulaur wireless network
    and here the photo
    http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=14625&id=100000082700474&l=bb9cfcc8f8

2. nownthen

nownthen Regular member

Sounds possible, but I'm no expert. I'm thinking that you could setup your computer as a Host and share the internet.

He are simple instructions on how to setup sharing internet between two computers, by the sounds of it modifying to connect to a router instead should work. After the computer is set to host it should assign an ip address that the router should be able to pick up. When changing settings on the router make sure to use one of the computers other than the deskop. Sometimes it is better to change setting over a wire so you might want to temporarily be wired with the laptop (to the router) during setup.

http://www.ehow.com/how_2170148_modem-internet-connection-another-computer.html

Well give it a shot and I'm curious to see if you can get it to work. It might be a good idea to start with a computer to computer internet sharing before attempting the computer to router.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2010
  3. okton6

okton6 Guest

hey ty for help ive done ics before just wanted to find out if it could be done ill try link

4. nownthen

nownthen Regular member

Since you know about internet sharing the link won't help much.
    I figure as long as your network card is putting out an ip address your router should be able to pick it up the same as another computer would and share the internet accordingly.

Best of luck, can't lose anything by trying.