shrink the bards tale

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by meggo, May 28, 2005.

1. meggo

meggo Member

does anyone know what files to take out of the bards tale to make it fit on a dvd-5, or does anyone know how to shrink it.

2. studlee

studlee Member

Yeah man i got the same problem here, been looking around for a howto or guide of somesort but noe luck. if i happen to figure it out i'll post the howto myself.

3. meggo

meggo Member

here is what i found:

1. Copy all files to your computer hard drive using craxion, or which ever program you wish to use
    2. Browse to the folder which holds the game For my example im using folder named "D"
    3. Open D or your folder, navigate to "RES" then Sounds, then the folder DO select the file cine.xwb, and copy it to your desktop, this is the easiest method i have found to copy and paste file names.
    4. now navigate back to the "sound folder" resize the folder window so that you can see both the window and your desktop which contains the file cine.xwb.
    5. we are going to replace the following files with cine.xwb:
    DO_en.xwb
    FI_en.xwb
    FM_en.xwb
    HO_en.xwb
    KI_en.xwb
    TM_en.xwb
    for each file rename cine.xwb to the correct file name above then copy into the sounds folder replacing the larger file with the newly renamed cine.xwb like so

Rename cine.xwb to DO_en.xwb the 250+meg file is no 111kb! these files seem to be just the music, and Speech files that play while your in the towns, subtitles still work, so turn them on under options screen and you'll have to do a little reading, but at least it fits on a dvd-r. You still have the commentator shooting one liners at you since that sound file is not linked to the towns. I have not completed the game yet but i'm almost 2 hours in and no problems yet.
    good luck!!

4. simexi

simexi Member

u can make two dvd5 from dvd9..this is for PC

here's little guide..

1. extract Sounds folder from image
    2. save this image without Sounds folder
    3. make image from Sounds folder
    4. burn or mount
    5. install (full)
    6. copy Sounds folder to game install directory from image u just made
    (directory structure is same as in game dvd)
    7. play :D

Last edited: Jun 17, 2005
  5. vanareps

vanareps Member

make a iso where you but original iso or bin. That makes bards, tale to 3,5 GB

6. vanareps

vanareps Member

make a iso where you but original iso or bin. That makes bards, tale to 3,5 GB

7. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest