sim card problem

Discussion in 'iPhone - General discussion' started by chevy550, Jan 19, 2010.

1. chevy550

chevy550 Member

Hello I brought a chinese phone and it suppose to be unlocked, I tried three different sim cards, and i keep getting the same message saying no service. Do anybody have any ideal what to do. Thanks.

2. ReneeChui

ReneeChui Guest

You may need to ensure the phone your bought is a GSM phone or 3G(ACDMA) phone.

Per my experience, most of the phones from China is Quadband(works on network GSM850/900/1800/1900mHz) Phone, and some are Triband phones (works on 900/1800/1900mHz), some are just Dualband phone, works on network 900/1800mHz.

Quadband phone can be used all over the world, except 3G and WCDMA network. And you also need to confirm what SIM card you are using.

3. ReneeChui

ReneeChui Guest

If your GSM networks rejecting registration, its just in Europe they are banning phones with cloned IMEI numbers or no imei number . We have the MTK imei software to reprogram IMEI via bluetooth to work on UK networks

Attached is the software .... in Winrar (www.rarlab.com).

It works via Bluetooth and USB cable. You do not need to put the phone in to reprogramming mode as on the documentation, just connect via bluetooth or USB cable pair it to Windows XP computer ( make bluetooth COM ports accessable between COM1 to 8 in Windows XP , not higher otherwise software will not regonise phone) . in IMEI software ...

Leave TYPE as 823 for watch phones, be careful other phones chipset supported from this dropdown list like any other MTK chipset Chinese phones, need to be in program mode, follow instructions from imeitool. Make sure configuration Settings is set to COM PORT you allocated for bluetooth.

IMEIs for which seem work .. TAC: 354100 FAC: 01 Serial no: ****** VL :4 (******put in any serial 000000).

Click START after entering new IMEI number as above , should say sucess , also Phone should received a file, power off and back on phone, check imei has changed.
    Should you still have question please let me know.

4. chevy550

chevy550 Member

Hello and thanks for the responce. I live in the US and the the sim card i'm using has 3G on it and I have service with AT&T. The phone is a Quadband Dual mode dual standby CDMA 2000 3G. I hope that helps and Thanks again.