1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

slim ps2 with external usb hdd

Discussion in 'PS2' started by PuFFy, May 6, 2005.

1. meyer_m

meyer_m Regular member

Okay it's back up, but unfortunantly I can't find a PAL version.
    Perhaps there's a program that can change it?

2. bimbam777

bimbam777 Guest

yep there is meyer m, independence compiler (version 3 not 4)

Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2006
  3. Noriko82

Noriko82 Regular member

Okay everyone i am bit lost here. I was reading the step by step guide of meyer_m it is awesome but i've been trying to get my PS2 to run at least one game with USB ADVANCE but i failed. I have already gotten to the point where USBADVANCE detects all the games (Compatible games according to the list), Once i press to play a game, it HANGS there and nothing moves.

My ps2 is fat V9 console, Modded with Messiah (Some version). Runs all the backups,! where did i go wrong? Can ya guide me out of it?

Also i must mention that meyer_m's guide says there is something to do with PS2 TRAY, and must use some modification to let the PS2 know that TRAY IS NOT OPEN. but it is not open because USB ADVANCE CD is in the drive. Please help me out!.

4. Noriko82

Noriko82 Regular member

Woops , i forgot. i am not using SWAP magic stuff because i don't have it, i never used em bcz my ps2 is modded. is that the cause? i already have ACtion Replay MAX evo

5. simon_des

simon_des Member

will swap magic 3.8 boot elfs off USB HDD?

Thanks for any replies.

6. winzen

winzen Member

ok please help,
    i have a slim ps2 v12 70003 uk
    i want 2 play my back up games

is this possible and if so which hdd is compatable?
    do i need swap magic?
    what other software?

please someone help
    thanks

7. iamaya2

iamaya2 Member

Hi, I have a question... For step 3, if I have a modded ps2 slim, do i still need the magick switch??? Cuz, as far as i understood this thread, you just have to plug the hdd (after you format and install the game) and turn on your ps2???

Srry, I'm new doing this... I just don't wanna do something wrong...

Regards

8. kaadi

kaadi Member

hi mods,
    this is my first ever post to this forum , so may i m in worng place or may be i broke somerules .so plz forgive me for this.
    my query is -
    i m frm india
    i 've got a modded ps2 slim[silver 77004a(v15)] US version(modded in india)
    and i m very much new to all these things.
    what i want is to playgames through HDD(using a USB enclousre which l already have)
    i tried to play using the instructions given in that forum, but i was unable to do that.(using USBadvance n USBextreme)
    The 1 major prob is that i dont know which mod chip my vendor had used to mod my ps2(i guess its matric) ....is there anyway that i can find which chip is installed in my ps2 so u ppl can have much more idea abt my query.

thanks 4 whatever u guys can do 4 me ...n i know u guys must b havin
    some solution for this noob :)
    n i must say u guys (mods) can do anything

9. aseem12

aseem12 Member

bump and same question

10. Montvidas

Montvidas Guest

ok i would just use a pc even though it's much more expesive than ps2 and may be very slow when it's full of junk (like Mine)but anyway the pc has a hdd you can play copied games (need the serial no ;-(

11. krehator

krehator Member

Yes they will. Create a directory called SWAPMAGIC. The first elf that you want to boot should be renamed to SWAPMAGIC.ELF. In my case I use ULAUNCH so I can select other ELF's to boot whenever I want.

I have a fat ps2. I have an internal IDE hard drive in it. I also have an external USB (maxtor) plugged into it. The USB drive can contain the ELF files required.

You can also use a small thumb drive to place all your elf's onto. This is what I do because it's easier to make modifications by simply plugging it into the computer and moving files around.

Woah... just noticed, old thread.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2008
  12. bloode13

bloode13 Member

very old indeed...i guess my grandchildren will still be finding this on the net 50 years from now...but that's not the subj..

can i run my PS2 on an HDD without using usbadvance or swap magic copied to the HDD? i have a modded ps2 and i removed its lenses after 3 replacements(coz it probably burns all the time) and im planning to switch on HDD...i hav a usbextreme application(only)and using it for copying games to HDD but not sure if it'll boot properly on my PS2

13. joelxp900

joelxp900 Member

hi whats up to every one i hope there is people that can help me wit a little shear i do have e ps2 slime 70012 and i do what to get e external hdd usb i just don't know if any external hdd will work so if any of you guys knows a list that will be so grate all i do need is some names of this hard drives
    and the ps2 70012 hast an usb 1.1 1.o or 2.0 i