1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Slow BitLord Downloads

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by BigRab903, Mar 8, 2006.

1. BigRab903

BigRab903 Member

i have recently downloaded bitlord, and the download speed is realy slow between 1 and 10 kbps all the time. i have 1md broadband. i have tried every thing but nothing seems to work. i also have no router is that good or bad.

2. zany

zany Member

I use Azureus and have 2meg broadband and i get similar speeds and have done also with bitlord. Who is your supplier it's not Tiscali is it? Please let me know as iv'e been told that certain suppliers put a block on ports

3. BigRab903

BigRab903 Member

My supplier is TALKTALK

4. 360dude

360dude Regular member

do NTL put blocks on ports?

5. zany

zany Member

I know alot of suppliers are putting blocks on ports to limit the download speeds, some do say no port blocking when they advertise. The best way of finding out is to get intouch with your supplier tell them your not happy with the quality of the speeds your getting and threaten to move to another supplier.

6. DVDBack23

DVDBack23 Administrator Staff Member

First off, get rid of bitlord as it is full of spyware. Second, where are you downloading from and how many seeds/peers are there?

7. Lethal_B

Lethal_B Moderator Staff Member

Yes. I definetely recommend steering clear of BL, as DVDBack says, full of spyware~

A couple recommendations to you~

[bold]Bitcomet[/bold] - Great Client with nice user interface. Download can be found here - http://www.bitcomet.com/

[bold]uTorrent[/bold] - This is also a very good client. It is small, clean, and easy on computer resources (ideal if you have a low-spec computer). Download can be found here - http://www.utorrent.com/

@DVDBack23 - Good to see you came to your senses and rejoined us, buddy. :)

8. DVDBack23

DVDBack23 Administrator Staff Member

@Lethal,

Good to be back, but lets just say i will staying clear of the safety valve and anything thats has to do with that ;)

9. Rikoshay

Rikoshay Regular member

Yeah, I've had nothing but luck so far using uTorrent. It's been able to start up torrents that have no peers or seeds, or even trackers, with the DHT Trackerless technology.

Not to put down BitComet, but I hear that it's a resource hog, and it steals some bandwidth, much like BitLord.

I'd definatley use uTorrent if I were you.