slow loading on browsers someone help please

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by soulja123, Dec 2, 2007.

1. soulja123

soulja123 Member

hey i recently realised that some webpages on my pc take longer to load than other, even up to 30 seconds some times, i have tried with both IE and Firefox but they both take the same amount of time to load.....can anyone help me with this problem please?

2. Dunker

Dunker Regular member

It depends on your connection speed and the content that's being loaded. You also don't say what the slow websites are either. Generally, you can increase performance by doing the following: Disable Java in your browser (also an extremely important security measure-this is always a good idea!), uninstall Flash (also a good security measure under many circumstances), and, if necessary, disallow the loading of images. Finally, if that doesn't help, try disabling JavsScript, although that may cause problems with site functionality. See if things improve.

There's also a good chance you may have some kind of malware on your system. Use QUALITY scanning tools made by REPUTABLE manufacturers (the majority of "anti-spyware" tools, and many anti-virus makers, are anything but; a common practice is to hijack your system and force you to buy crappy "tools" that do nothing.) Reputable products are Lavasoft's Ad-Aware, SpyBot Search and Destroy (from www.safer-networking.net), Webroot Spysweeper, Smitfraudfix, and a small handful of others.

3. soulja123

soulja123 Member

well im not really good at pc problems so could u please tell me how to disable java in my browser uninstall flash and how to disallow loading of the images sorry for sounding like a noob for not knowing to do these things lol also the webpages vary, as in there are a variety of webpages that take long to load. one for example is

http://zimbob.outwar.com/page/4032

it takes up to 25 seconds to load sometimes