SmartFTP

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by SlimHiggy, Jul 25, 2006.

1. SlimHiggy

SlimHiggy Guest

Hi, I have a quick question on transferring game files over from my xbox using SmartFTP because I was wondering what the error message '502 size is not implemented means'? Thanks in advance

2. theridges

theridges Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2006
  3. SlimHiggy

SlimHiggy Guest

I was talking about uploading games from the xbox and it was more curiosity because it seems to upload successfully anyways

4. steimy

steimy Active member

i get that with FlashFXP as well when i rip games, not sure what it means though.
    Like you the transfer works so i just never questioned it.
    But Craxtion4 and Qwix are better programs for ripping the game from the Xbox to PC. I personally use Craxtion4.

5. theridges

theridges Guest

they say evox user should use craxtion and Qwix for unleashx users i dont know craxtion 4 didnt work on my computer and thats the only reason i didnt use it....

6. SlimHiggy

SlimHiggy Guest

So I should use Qwix and I will be able to transfer games more efficiently as I have an EvolutionX dashboard

Question: Will I reach the same speeds with qwix as I can upload to the xbox at 2mb/s max with SmartFTP

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2006
  7. Jigen

Jigen Regular member

Actually, they said evox users should use CRAXTION and unleashx users should use QWIX. Also, 2MB/s is really, really slow. 7-9 is more like it.

8. SlimHiggy

SlimHiggy Guest

I thought that these programs were just for creating ISOs though and not for transferring games files

9. steimy

steimy Active member

no, they can do a lot of things.
    They can rip a game from your Xbox DVD drive to your PC hard drive (into file format).
    Then you use the program to create an ISO.
    It can take an ISO and rip it either to your PC hard drive or strait to the Xbox hard drive (in file format)
    It can patch XBE files, in fact Craxtion4 does this automatically.
    and other thinks i have never used.
    As far as strait up FTP functions i am not sure as i really only use it for the above and use WS_FTP Pro for all my normal FTP needs like trainers or program updates.

10. Venom5880

Venom5880 Regular member

I prefer Quix for transferring entire games, and CuteFTP Pro for individual files and applications.

11. theridges

theridges Guest

that was definately a typo on my part evox=Craxtion Unleashx=Qwix i dont know how it came out so wrong, sorry

12. SlimHiggy

SlimHiggy Guest

Thanks for your help, I will download Craxtion as I do not think that the files are transferring correctly with SmartFTP