1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Snes and Pgen guides

Discussion in 'PS2' started by c7015, Jul 2, 2003.

1. account

account Guest

what size disc did you use i heard that it doesn't work on 700 mb discs is it true?

2. Wulfie66

Wulfie66 Regular member

All the cd's I've used for IMBNES, Snes Station, and Pgen are all 700mb and they work just fine..

3. Blink

Blink Guest

would burning it in multisession cause it to do this??

4. account

account Guest

i have tried both multisession and and no multisession and got the same results so no it doesn't matter although i don't think it does work in multisession

also to anyone who has the imbnes working with the flip top and swap magic disc fusk you you liar unless you have another mod with it because the swap magic ONLY read Ps2 games NOT Ps1 and since the imbnes is for the ps1 it is in Ps1 format making the swap magic not able to read it because it is a ps1 game.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2003
  5. Wulfie66

Wulfie66 Regular member

First off, I must say WATCH YOUR LANGUAGE! I have IMBNES working fine on my fliptop. I use the gameshark for PS1 to boot w/o any codes and then swap it out with IMBNES with my FLIPTOP

6. Wulfie66

Wulfie66 Regular member

Btw, has anyone figured out a way to put either Pgen or Snes Station on dvd instead of cd? Would be nice to be able to put a TON of roms on one dvd instead of multiple cd's... ;)

7. Spirito

Spirito Guest

Thank you so much for the faq... I have a flip top and burned over 100 games all of which worked fine! Thank you.

Chris

ps is there a NES or MAME program like this one?

8. Wulfie66

Wulfie66 Regular member

9. Blink

Blink Guest

Still having the problem with the pgen loading... goes to the blue border and freezes... any help would be appreciated

10. BaM73

BaM73 Member

Blink - I was having trouble getting pgen to boot too, and i went through about 5 cds, trying different methods and programs. I got one to work - First, i made sure all of my roms were under 31 characters(including the .smd). Once i did that, i then made the iso with cdrwin, and then burnt it with cdrwin. Tell me if this helps.
    -im using a v7 fliptop with swap magic

11. BaM73

BaM73 Member

Im having trouble gettin snes-station to work, i get a blue border, it then goes to a black screen and freezes. can someone help me?

12. Ferdnand

Ferdnand Guest

would like to know how to get ps1 using the fliptop on the ps2 .. any help would be helpful.. also how many snes roms can i put on one cd-r. Thankx in advance any help is greatly appreciated

13. Wulfie66

Wulfie66 Regular member

You can play ps1 backups on the ps2 with a fliptop if you have GS for ps1.

14. c7015

c7015 Regular member

Ferdnand you can have as many roms as will fit on a 700mb cd

15. RNF1968

RNF1968 Regular member

I'm really interested in trying the MAME emulator on the PS2. As far as them working on the PC and not the PS2, lets not forget some versions of MAME may work with a particular rom but that rom may not work on the next release unltil you get the updated roms. I guess we need to find out what the PS2 emulator equivalant is on the PC and test the roms on that version. Did that rambling sentance make sense?!

16. golden_35

golden_35 Regular member

How about a guide for a sega master system emulator? I tried using the leading emulator (forget what its called) and im having trouble...i created the txt file and it loads fine and the list shows up on the tv but all the games dont work...like a broken link type error or something

17. c7015

c7015 Regular member

it may b e because of the roms try getting them from a different source

18. eliot1864

eliot1864 Guest

I've got the answer that EVERYONE seems to be asking. Swap Magic Discs and PGEN don't play nice together, therefore you have to mod the PGEN a little bit.

The following site offers a download of PGEN with the added stuff. http://www.geocities.com/electric_jimi2003/pgenswapmagic.htm
    I was a little weary, but tried it and it worked PERFECTLY! Up until this, I had that blue screen that just froze. I hope this helps people.

19. stupidguy

stupidguy Guest

I Followed The Guide For It Might Be Nes Exactly But It Doesnt Work(Im Using ARV2).....I Put 10 Roms On......But It Just Freezes On The Insert Game And Press X Screen.....Then I Tried To Boot It With The 2nd Disc(The PSX One) And It Got One Step Further It Froze On A Blue Screen With Some Info About It Being FREEware Etc :(

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 20, 2003
  20. zanmato99

zanmato99 Guest

hi, i have snesstation and it works except the games have poor framerates and the music is very choppy. i have a pal ps2 and it is chipped and all and lets me play US games in colour. do the US snes games have different sound parameters for their ps2's or something because i cant understand why it is so glitchy on my ps2. anyway i really wanted to play crono trigger but because it is so poor on the ps2 i am emulating it on the PC and it works perfectly. i dont mind playing on pc but i would rather play with my Ps2 control infront of a big tv than using a keyboard in front of a monitor and getting a sore back. anyway, do you think the makers of snes-station will release improved versions in the future?