1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Snes and Pgen guides

Discussion in 'PS2' started by c7015, Jul 2, 2003.

1. zanmato99

zanmato99 Guest

one more question, why cant snes stastion be emulated with the ps1? surely it can handle snes graphics?

2. mattbooty

mattbooty Guest

Ok This was originally a message saying I couldn't get IMBNES to boot on my flip-top with swap magic discs and looking for help. Well I've since discovered that for it to work you need a boot CD that will boot ps1 CD's which apparently the swap magic discs do not. Does anyone know what I can get to boot ps1 CD's? Preferably the cheapest method possible since I'm only doing this to keep from searching through my attic for my old NES system. Thanks in advance!

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 8, 2003
  3. Wulfie66

Wulfie66 Regular member

I use GS for my ps1 games, works like a charm.

4. mattbooty

mattbooty Guest

Thanks for the reply, Is there a specific version of GS I should be getting? I looked around online and I've found a gameshark 2 Version 3 for ps2 and a gameshark Version 5 for playstation, which one is the one I'm looking for?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 9, 2003
  5. Wulfie66

Wulfie66 Regular member

No, Gameshark for PS2 won't work, you need Gameshark for [bold]Playstation One[/bold]
    as long as it's for [bold]Playstation[/bold] and not for [bold]Playstation 2[/bold] it shoudl work...

Last edited: Oct 9, 2003
  6. mattbooty

mattbooty Guest

sweet, thats the cheaper of the two!! Thanks again for your help, I'll be playing contra, metroid, zelda and mario in no time!

7. decrypted

decrypted Member

When I put the disc into the ps2 after booting it up using swap discs the Snes Station comes up but then the screen just goes black with music, i've copied some roms so what's going on?

8. c7015

c7015 Regular member

sounds like you have less than 10 roms put some more roms on it and then try again

9. mattbooty

mattbooty Guest

The gameshark boot worked great!! Thanks for your help. Incidentally I'll throw out this tidbit in case it helps anyone. The first time i burnt IMBNES to boot with the GS it just hung at the first screen, then I went back and burned IMBNES using rombank to create an ISO (not make .bin only checked) and burned that and it worked fine, so if you are having trouble you may want to try that.

Thanks again!

10. Wulfie66

Wulfie66 Regular member

Glad that GS worked out for ya, it always makes my day when I can help a fellow ps2'er out..hehe

11. StrawBoy

StrawBoy Member

Hey, I have done the Snes Station instructions, and i have a S BOX modchip, i have a CD that plays nes games, thats real cool, but when i put the snes station CD in (10+ roms), and boot it, and the screen comes up, it says "Playstation" then like 2 inches down it says "SCEA" and it makes the playstation noise and the beggining of playstation games, then..... nothing, its like its frozen, what is the problem?

12. kokeng

kokeng Member

Execute here, i got some problem about to burn snesstation. The problem is either i using CDGENps2 or Nero Method, after burn i put it into my console, i just got "NO DATA" screen. How come? If i use GameSharkv2 to swap the game/CD it said "Can't Load Disc", also how come? Somebody can help me?

13. DiskBoy

DiskBoy Guest

I just pput a SNES Station disc together. Got it right on the first try. I followed the directions using CDGENPS2V2, which I got at http://ps2.consolevision.com/files/cdgenps2v2.zip . I then used Alcohol 120% to burn the disk. Some important things to remember are to make sure that CDGENPS@V@ saves the image as a Bin. file and that Alcohol 120% burns this Bin file using mode 2. Also remember SNES-Station currently supports .SMC .SFC .SWC .FIG and .058 ROM formats. They must not be zipped and must be in a folder (named Roms, if you like)which is put on the disk along with the SNES STation files. I hear that some are having problems with using only 10 or less roms. I have 130 roms on mine. As long as it doesn't exceed 650 MB, it should be okay. Hope this helps. Also check out http://www.consolevision.com/forums/YaBB.cgi?board=PS2forum;action=display;num=1027292242 for some great FAQs about this.

14. burdman

burdman Member

I haven't had any problems with pgen but I am with imbnes. I have a modded ps2 but I use a gameshark swap to boot ps2 backups but I don't need one for ps1 backups. Do I need a ps1 gameshark to boot up imbnes? The imbnes title page freezes when I attempt to play.

15. c7015

c7015 Regular member

yeah I cant boot it might be nes either on the ps2 beacaue I have a mod chip for some reason it is particular with that. It wont boot when you have a mod chip so you have to use a slide card or something to that effect

16. Maryela3

Maryela3 Guest

I was just wondering is there anyway to play Gb and BGab advance roms on the Ps2?
    Just wondering i know its kinda stupid but i will be glad if somebody answer me

17. account

account Guest

18. Alien13

Alien13 Guest

Hey i was wondering is there a way to run this on a ps2 without ne modchips?

19. 2kwic

2kwic Guest

Yes you can boot it up with swap magic cd 3.3 or (swap magic cd 3.0 with cdloader) but if your Ps2 don't like to read cd-rs you can burn snes station or Pgen on dvd-r and boot it up with swap dvd 3.3 or (swap dvd 2.0 with dvdloader) any way would work i burned mine to dvd-r because my V9 ps2 don't read cd-rs well look at this for dvd-r burning http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/191217

Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2005
  20. Alien13

Alien13 Guest

Thanks for the info. I am thinking about getting a mod chip but dont know ne aussie sites i can buy 1 from and what 1 2 get. Also what i dont get is you can d/l swap magic disks but what use is that bcoz u need the slide tool.