So livid.

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by FincH-, May 21, 2005.

1. FincH-

FincH- Member

Hi.

I've just spent ages backing up my games (Doom3, Forza, Midnight Club3 and Nfsu 2) and the only game that works is Nfsu 2 that I hate anways.

I burnt them on the lowest burn speed and Doom3 says there is an error with the disc, so does MC3 and Forza does nothing.

I've tried it on a friends modded Xbox and it works fine. Why is this? This is so annoying :mad:

Cheers.

2. FincH-

FincH- Member

Anybody, please?

3. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

Ok, there are two things that could be causing this:

But first, what kind of drive do you have? If you don't know check here: http://webpages.charter.net/modchipzone/xboxdrives.htm

Now, certain drives like certain kinds of media. For example, Sony dvd-r works great in my Thomson drive, and Memorex dvd-r works every now and then, but 90% of the time it does not. In all of my friends Samsung drives, Memorex dvd-r's work all of the time, and so does almost every other type of media.

If the media is not the problem, then your laser needs to most likely be cleaned and possibly "pot-tweaked" to be able to read backup games as best possible.

So let me know what kind of drive you have and what media you are using.

Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2005
  4. punqewe

punqewe Active member

some games it helps if you patch them with quix or craxtion4....some don't like that. And yeah it could be your media,but since one of the games worked....that might be ruled out....as well as the drive issue.

I know that MC3 has an issue with old bios's....(don't laugh at me) so if your bios is old it might be a good idea to update it.

I would try patching the game first....after that,if you have a newer bios already,I dunno.

5. FincH-

FincH- Member

Oh right cheers.

It appears I have a Phillips Drive and am using Datawrite DVD R Titanium media.

I'm using the Evo X dashboard that a friend installed via Remote Assist (lol).

How would I go about updating the bios?

Cheers.

6. punqewe

punqewe Active member

Updating your bios is a small thing that 'could' turn into a big thing. If it's done wrong,or something happens in the process (power goes out)....you could end up with a brick. Either way,the method that you would upgrade your bios will depend on the method that your xbox was modded. Some ways will be as easy as using a disk,some ways you'll have to telnet into your box....I'd try patching the game first and see what happens.

7. FincH-

FincH- Member

Ok. So how do I go about patching the game? (noob I know :))

8. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

Follow this guide, http://webpages.charter.net/modchipzone/backupxboxgames.htm

My friend has a philips drive and it can't read backup games worth a crap. So if you do update your bios, patch the .xbe files of your games, try better media than Datawrite DVD R Titanium, and it does not work, then I would say clean your laser and check out pot tweaking for philips drives.

If all fails, just buy a Samsung drive for your Xbox, as it is the best drive by far.

Check out this dvd media guide also,

http://webpages.charter.net/modchipzone/dvdmediaguide1.htm

9. FincH-

FincH- Member

Ok. I'll try that lot. Thanks a lot.

10. FincH-

FincH- Member

I've just had a thought.

When I got the Xbox chipped and turned it on the Evo X symbol was showing in the top left butI didn't have any backed up games to use.I went ahead and installed the Evo X dashboard, but I'm thinking, perhaps it was already to go but me adding the dashboard has messed it up?

Please help :(

11. punqewe

punqewe Active member

The logo on the top left is the bios logo,evox makes the M series bios and that's what that was.

12. FincH-

FincH- Member

So that rules out: Chip, Media and Dashboard.

But it can't be the DvD drive as it works for NFSU2 and my normal games.

Damn it this is so annoying :(

Anyone fancy helping me on Msn pls :) ?

13. punqewe

punqewe Active member

Well I know people have had troubles with forza not working....sometimes you have to go into your m$ dash and change the language for it to work. And I know that I had a problem with mc3 not working because of my old bios....but your bios is newer so that's not the problem there. I don't recal a problem with doom3 though. Also,all your games are on the same kind of disk...so the media isn't the problem since one of the games work.
    Above all that,they all work in your friends xbox.....I'm kinda leaning towards your DVD drive just being picky.

It's a bit of a puzzle,that's for sure.