1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SOCOM PLAYERS

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by oDDSHoT, Oct 11, 2004.

1. Real1

Real1 Member

I have a non $ony hd I have hd advance and the flip top is a couple of days away....... what I'm trying to do is be able to download the new maps...... I downloaded the things that hardstyle said to d/l...although I have no freakin idea how to use them and the name that hardstyle said to add to my msn doesnt exist....... I'll be online most of today...in the afternoon so if any of u...or hardstyle can help me my msn is gt1racingcan@msn.com and I'll be checking back here periodically ..... thank you in advance

2. AngeloE9

AngeloE9 Guest

I have the original game, and a 3rd party hd w/ hd loader. Should i follow this procedure to get the new maps? or it only works if you have the game in the hdd?

3. phoenix2

phoenix2 Member

does the hdd have to be formatted in anyway or can it be one right out of the box.

so basically all i have to do is stick the cd with the iso file on it into the ps2 with a hdd in it and it will load?? or am i way off?
    thanks for your help.

4. phoenix2

phoenix2 Member

this is in responce to angeloE9's question from above

umm the game itself, in this case socom2, cant go online from a image on the hdd because of dnas. Anyways im am pretty sure that putting socom 2 on your hdd would be uselss unless you wnated to play offline

5. ikill

ikill Member

Phoenix2,

How about if you only want to use a unofficail HD for the Socom 2 maps. I don't want to put an image of Socom 2, only the maps.

Thanks

6. phoenix2

phoenix2 Member

umm have you even read the entire post
    thats my question as well

7. ikill

ikill Member

I did, waiting on HDLoader CD, I was just wondering if anyone else had tried it.

Thanks

8. Real1

Real1 Member

saved socom2 to my hd with hdadvance..... but dont have a clue what or how to patch.... not working and I am dying to get the new map.......... I fackin better not have to buy a $ony HDD

9. ikill

ikill Member

Real1, I have looked every where. So I just bought a Sony HDD I want to play those new maps. If you see anything out there can you let me know.

Thanks

10. MaDmAxX

MaDmAxX Member

hey, this is a message for Hardstyle. or anybody who knows how to do this..
    i got the patch, and the pff-o-matic.. now, what do i do? on what image do i put the patch? can u pm me your email?

11. zoombronc

zoombronc Member

OK, so, I've read this thread thoroughly.

I have an IBM HDD. I am trying to get SOCOM II to recognize it.

I used WinHIIP to format it, but that did not work. Then I read in this thread about patching an "image".
    Now, I have no desire to rip SOCOMII to my HDD. I just want SOCOM to recognize the HDD. That's it. Is there a way to make SOCOM recognize the HDD W/O running it off the HDD?

My PS2 isn't recognizing the HDD from the Browser either.

12. hardstyle

hardstyle Member

Listen everyone!!!

First of all. Socom 1 isn't going to work online on hdd. So you're ps2 must be chipped to read a burned socom 2.

Step 1. You have to patch the game for online. I don't know if this is still possible because of the new update patch everyone must download in the usa.

step 2. You must patch the game to regonize the hdd.

question?
    Are the maps going to be released in the official ps2 magazine?? or do you al gave to download it.
    Because when socom 2 is patched for online and hdd. I think you al will get the cheating message in socom because of the new server protection.

So than maybe this step 1 and 2 won't do.
    But does anyone know if you install the hdd tools disk on hdd. Do you need a patched socom 2 disk to regonize it or will the hdd be regonized by any unpatched game because of the hdd tools disk installed.

I can help you with step 1 and 2. But since the new update patch of socom 2 is there on there servers, I don't know how to deal with that.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2004
  13. deviant9

deviant9 Member

ok this is the deal you can patch a burnt copy of socom 2 to enable the hdd BUT you cannot go online using the burnt copy, even if you use the online patch fix it doesnt work anymore because of the new sony update ive tried it doesnt work. ive tried to go online with socom installed to my maxtor hdd and i get a message stating your network apdapter is not connected so that wont work at least for me.another thing i have a magic 3 chip and i bought a sony hdd when i connected the drive and enabled my chip it was like the drive wasnt even there plus i couldnt boot any burnt games with the sony hdd.but when i disabled the chip it worked fine but im not gonna take apart my ps2 every time i wanna play my burnt copys. anyone else have this prob with the sony drive?

14. MaDmAxX

MaDmAxX Member

Once the HDD will been enabled from the patched socom 2 copy, if i just switch back to my original disc to play online, will my HDD still be recognized as official?

If I can, great! If I cant... what's the point of having the HDD enabled if u cant go online?! Think about it! lol
    I guess if it doesnt work, I'm gonna have to spend my money on either the sony HDD, or a DMS3 chip so I can use ATAD auto-patcher and make my non-sony HDD official...

Last edited: Oct 31, 2004
  15. deviant9

deviant9 Member

no when u boot up the non patched original it disables the hdd again and when you try to enable it it says hdd not connected. i think they made the hdd patch when the online fix was working for burnt copy but recently sony made a update and the online patch dont work anymore maybe someone will make a new one soon.but for now that hdd patch is useless. i would buy the sony hdd and use it but like i said for me i have problems booting burnt copys with the sony hdd installed, am i the only person with that problem i didnt see anyone else post that strange indeed.

16. MaDmAxX

MaDmAxX Member

So, in conclusion, THERE'S NO POINT!
    Sony's latest patch overrides the online patch which makes the hdd patch USELESS!
    That means, we either get a DMS3 or Matrix Infinity chip with their ATAD auto-patcher firmware, or a sony HDD. OR wait. Wait for a new online patch to come out. But by the time a new online patch comes out, we'll probly be able to play the new maps since the people at Zipper said they would try to eventually find a way for the 80% of SOCOM players that dont have a HDD, to play them.
    Sadly, there's no FREE way to get them... unless someone can prove me wrong? maybe? hopefully?

17. oDDSHoT

oDDSHoT Member

Yes, the conclusion is to buy the MOD-chip. Unless there is some magic man that solved this dilemma. I would like anyone with the matrix chip that plays socom online to verify if everything works (new map and HDD enable setting).

I feel for all us using the non sony HDD's. FAWK SONY aND THEIR GREEDY A$$! I choose HDLoader & unlimited games over 3 maps anyday.

AND I'M ADDICTED TO SOCOM! ARGH

18. NipFocker

NipFocker Member

NO MEN... WE CAN'T GIVE UP!!!!!
    Surely if we try a little harder, look a little further, we can find the answer to this... someone, somewhere, has to know... by god... its up to us. If we can put a man on the moon, we can get a hdd to work in the ps2. We don't need to dam modchip or swap trick or backup trick... all we want is to get that dam non-sony hdd recognized by the ps2, everything else will then come together. I've got three post for this going, I can't give up. SOMEONE MUST KNOW THIS.... DAM YOU SOOONNNNNNYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

19. oDDSHoT

oDDSHoT Member

LMFAO. You're so right.

20. hardstyle

hardstyle Member

Well, people are not giving up!!!!
    www.ps2ownz.com
    Read the rumors news post. You can see that they are working on an new online patch (EE- sidepatcher) to beat the new protection of sony.

So yes I agree let's help everyone regonize unofficial hdd in socom 2 and after that wait for the new patch.

So everyone able to boot backups??? I can help you step by step patching the socom 2 disc so hdd will be regonized.