soft modded hard drive

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by datboi, Aug 23, 2005.

1. datboi

datboi Guest

Here is the problem i had my xbox soft modded and it locked up on me wouldn't load all the way so i started snooping around and unlocked the hard drive. Is there anyway that i can lock this hard drive back again or is it pretty much screwed. any help would be greatly appreciated its boring in iraq thanks man

2. Degallle

Degallle Regular member

Ya there are some ways but you have to manually lock it, so i hope you were smart and backed up your epprom. If you didn't you last chance is to get a nice thing called a "Modchip" lol to load "hacked" bios and then allow your softmodded hdd to be loaded and then you can lock it via either configmagic or if you modchip supports it you can just lock it via modchip (like xenium, which i will support all the way Xenium S.P. ICE)

Degalle

(for further details on manually locking with epprom backup or hdd key backup post)

3. datboi

datboi Guest

well i dont have a chip but i know a guy over here with me that has a chipped xbox so would i be able to plug my hard drive in his xbox and lock it that way or would i need to get a chip installed in my xbox there are shops over here that do it but i would need to know what to tell the man so he didnt mess it up from the way that i have it now meaning saving games to the hard drice etc...

4. Degallle

Degallle Regular member

Just ask him if you can pay him like 10-20 bucks to do a solderless install and lock your harddrive, cuz it has to be in your xbox but once it's locked it done, you won't need the modchip ever again unless this happens again. if you have to buy one then i support Xenium modchip, and tell him you just need it installed with cromwell bios and a updated OS on it (the newest one from xenium), and that's all he would need to do and you can do the rest.

other than that it should be straight foward,
    Degalle

(just tell him you have a bigger hdd but don't have a modchip and wanna see if he can help, it would be the best to just buy one and have him install it if it's not to expensive, and then you can lock it so he can't charge you more but if he will do it for free then take it, just make sure he/she has a good rep so you don't get fucked or you xbox in worse condition than it is)

Hope that kinda helped any other advise you can post or contact me

5. larrylje

larrylje Active member

I am looking for a program that I had that will lock your hard drive but what you need to do is install the hard drive to your computer and use a floppy drive to do it.

6. datboi

datboi Guest

now that is something i can do i am not to xbox savy but i am pretty good when it comes to computers in the event u do get it let me know i will give u my email address or we can come up with someway to transfer that program thanks appreciate it much it boring over here

7. larrylje

larrylje Active member

im looking now give me a few

8. datboi

datboi Guest

ok no prob by the way man thanks i appreciate this very much

9. larrylje

larrylje Active member

sent ya a Private message

10. datboi

datboi Guest

thanks man i appreciate that but i dont have the eeprom i had a guy do it for me before i left is there a way that i can find out where to get it or what

11. larrylje

larrylje Active member

I sent a private message reply to it