soft modding the xbox help please

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by Robw, May 20, 2005.

1. Robw

Robw Member

Hi

I want to soft mod my xbox because I play it only about 2 times a month, so I really don't want a chip

I have the action replay the original 007 agent under fire and the ltools_007_v1.7.5.zip exploit.

can someone point me to a well written tutorial? I am trying to follow this tutorial http://www.how2xbox.com/mod.htm

but I don't understand the first step, do i unzip the ltools_007_v1.7.5.zip first to my hard drive and then drag it to the memory key or do I just leave it in zip format.

Last can I easily restore the ms-dash so I can play on xbox live when I want?

2. shinnster

shinnster Regular member

i have just done that very tutorial and soft modded my box. You leave the ltools zipped up and just drag them onto the memory card in action replay. And yes you can switch back and forward to the original MS dahboard and still play onine. well mine is still working online at the moment :)

3. shinnster

shinnster Regular member

i have just done that very tutorial and soft modded my box. You leave the ltools zipped up and just drag them onto the memory card in action replay. And yes you can switch back and forward to the original MS dahboard and still play onine. well mine is still working online at the moment :)

4. punx777

punx777 Regular member

hey thanks alot. i have a couple questions, so, in the AID disk, are the dashboards and apps(emulators) on the disk already?

which dash did you use, and what bios should i use.. sorry i keep getting confused :S

what exactly do i need to do to copy a game to a blank dvd

thanks alot, im going to try and do this tonite

5. ltrogdorl

ltrogdorl Member

Yes I would love some help. I have action replay I got splinter cell the
    first version that came out got it from a friend and he bought it as soon as it came out, I have the softmod installer deluxe and Put the NTSC splinter cell package on the action replay as well as the Xbox-hq zip, i made sure that all this was copyed to my xbox properly followed the directions carefully so I go to the start game... this is where all the trouble starts it I click on check points goes to black screen nothing happens after a while long while so next time I go to Levels nothing happens just sits there with the same screen that it had forever. So im asking is there anything that I am doing wrong all I want to do is soft mod my xbox and put snes emulator on there and I dont understand what I am doing wrong please email me at
    big_john19866@hotmail.com or mastercheem@gmail.com
    please help me I am dieing to mod my xbox.