softmod problems need help

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by jokawild, Oct 4, 2005.

1. jokawild

jokawild Member

ok i have softmodded a xbox with the softmod installer deluxe and i got the dashboard to come up but it would not play any of the games i burned so i tested the games on my other Xbox i have which i softmodded like 3 weeks ago and they work fine on it. when i put the games in the Xbox i'm working on i highlight the PLAY GAME/MEDIA FROM DVD button and nothing happens i restart the xbox and where it should boot right to the dvd it doesn't just goes to the dashboard like no dvd is in it i know the installer works i used it on my other xbox and a freinds i did but this xbox here is older then both of them are i don't know if that matters or not. if anyone can help i would be very thinkfull as this xbox is a gift for my son

Last edited: Oct 4, 2005
  2. larrylje

larrylje Active member

If it is an older Xbox your Xbox drive might not bebale to read the blank DVD media your using. Can you put in an orignal game in and play it?

Another thing you can try is:

Put in an orignel game and rip it to your Xbox harddrive with dvd2Xbox and see if it will play off your hard drive.

Or

Rip the game to your hard drive on your computer and FTP the game folder onto your hard drive and then try playing the game off your hard drive. If it plays off your hard drive then more then likly your old Xbox DVD drive wont read the balnk DVD media your using.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2005
  3. jokawild

jokawild Member

yes it plays the retail games in it np just DVD-r it will not play

4. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Then more then likly your Xbox dosent like the media you are using and canr read it. Try diffrent media and always burn at a slow rate no faster then 4x