1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[SOLVED] HELP!! Hitachi 47, open tray on backups only

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by snaysnizz, Nov 11, 2009.

1. snaysnizz

snaysnizz Member

Hey guys, here is a little background... my buddy had a 360 he had laying around, he thought it was broken. He had one of those clear cases on it that you could see the cd spinning so I took it upon my self to screw with it and see if it was broken and well use it as a learning experience.

Turned out the lense was just dirty and everything works fine... so i decided to flash the firmware.

I got it flashed with 1.51 and burned a couple games... batman, borderlands, dragon age origins.

I burned them with my brand new HP dvd1260i 24x multiformat dvd writer using verbatim 2.4x DVD+R DL.

I burned one games with this tutorial (http://www.360-hq.com/xbox-tutorials-25.html) DVD decrypter setting the sectors in L0 at '1913760' and then burned at 2.4x....

The second game I just used CLONE CD and burned at 2.4x...

Both games won't load in my 360... both give me the "open tray"

I heard it may be the 12x problem with 1.51 firmware... I've tried xtreme 2.3 and xtreme 1.7 but still no boot on the game.

Right now Im downloading a wave 2 game and will try 1.4 FW to see.

Do I have to do anything to the IMAGE file before I burn it??? Am I missing something??? ANY HELP??????

2. snaysnizz

snaysnizz Member

i forgot... i did test the games with abgx360 and everything came out fine

also could it be the burner I am using??

regular games do boot fine...

(i did try some of the weird rubberband tricks they have out there but couldn't get the right size to work or anything)

3. haza12d

haza12d Regular member

Have you tried using IMGBurn? Booktype set to DVD-ROM?

4. snaysnizz

snaysnizz Member

well i did just try buring a wave 2 game with IMGburn... however since i have a HP drive, there was no option to set the booktype unless i set it under a LITEON drive (i heard the hp 1260 is a clone of a LITEON drive)

Now flashed my drive with ixtreme 1.4 8x and I still get the "open tray" and yes it does play original games just fine...

so I'm thinking it must be the DVD burner not burning the games correctly or the hitachi drive not being able to read verbatim DVD+R DL???

any other ideas????

5. snaysnizz

snaysnizz Member

Hey i got everything to work... I did replace the DVD drive with another 47 hitachi but im not sure that made the difference

what i think fixed it was i did "classic mode" and i used the "47flash"
    in 360FW toolbox