1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Solved] My 1st Messed Up Flash

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by eebeejay, Dec 27, 2009.

1. eebeejay

eebeejay Active member

After around 40 straight successful flashes/reflashes, I think I "fried" my Lite-On 74850. I decided to reflash all 3 of my boxes (1 BenQ & 2 Lite-Ons) to non-stealth.

BenQ from 1.6 to 1.61. (success)
    Lite-On from 1.6 to 1.6 non-stealth. (success)
    The other Lite-On, not sure what happened, but as Jungle Flasher was flashing the banks, I went to make a sandwich. Ten minutes later it was still "frozen" at bank 1 (never moved again).

It was this box ------------------>>> [​IMG]

Now, there's no physical action/reaction with the drive connected to the connectivity kit or the 360. Jungle Flasher can't even see the drive anymore.

By the way, the Colts lost today, so neither of us are undefeated anymore.

2. drayn

drayn Member

The same thing just happen to me yesterday as well with the liteon. Did a little research and it was explained that the reason the drive doesn't eject or is being detected is because the firmware was erased and a new one didn't get flashed. From what I read they said you can still try to erase and flash the drive at the sata port you originally flash at anyway even if it doesn't detect a drive. I did it a couple of times with JF before the erase successfully took and it allowed me to continue on to flash the drive. But most people have much higher success rate using the dosflash to erase the drive and flash it.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2009
  3. MrGreaser

MrGreaser Regular member

I just flashed a Sammy a few days ago and it froze at bank 2. When I went to try a reflash, Jungleflasher couldn't detect the drive. It took me a while but if you know which sata port your drive is on try sending the intro to it even if it's not detected, then press yes to resend and unplug the power for 1 second and then replug the drive. It might take a few times, but it should comeback. I have yet to see or hear about a lite-on that couldn't be resurrected.

4. Link2205

Link2205 Regular member

Yeah I had the same thing happen to me! I wanted to cry! :-( after a lil hunting around, even though you can't get jungleflasher to see it or get the drive respond it can still be flashed! I managed to get mine flashed using a bootable flash drive I made with iprep, so I'd see how that pans out for you before you give up hope! ^^

5. kgleeson

kgleeson Regular member

same problem with me my liteon froze at bank 1.
    it took me hours of messing around with it to get it to work.
    after trying everythig i could think of i clicked on erase liteon powered on and off the drive as it says in the screen instructions.i did this a few times.
    i then clicked on read and it read the banks and had the 0x72 reading.after that i could get the drive to flash in a few minutes.
    so i would say there is nothing wrong with your drive just keep trying and it will see it eventually.
    i there is obviously a problem with jungle flasher that sometimes leaves the drive hanging.

6. philmein1

philmein1 Member

as long as you have the dummy key off your liteon you can use dosflash or iprep to flash.

should get no freezing in dos

7. eebeejay

eebeejay Active member

dosflash got'er done! I was about to put my spare BenQ in it.

8. gameover9

gameover9 Guest

Was going to be my anwser. It's nearly impossible to brick a lite-on or benQ. Dosflash will always see the drive with no firmware on it. You just rewrite it there and then use JF to reflash

9. eebeejay

eebeejay Active member

Yep. That's the way I did it.

By the way, I'm gonna go pick up a RRoD'd 360 in a few days ($20). I RRoD'd almost two years ago, and has been sitting in my aunt's closet ever since, so it looks like I found my JTAG-able box. May need a reflow from you.