1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[SOLVED] System Update Stopped

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by blueblur, Feb 5, 2011.

1. blueblur

blueblur Member

No clue on the 123456789, but what I meant about the flash drives is that I did have 2 of them and to use a flash drive as a memory card on the Xbox you have to have a dashboard update from Fall 2010 or newer I think and it will let you format it in system options.

2. bzoei

bzoei Member

Okay thanks. I resolved it via another way though!

I used a new xbox hard drive and when it connected it worked again!

3. palwill

palwill Regular member

strange. Congratulations though.

4. jasonward

jasonward Member

Can you please give me the steps you had to take from beginning to end? I just ran into this problem tonight and freakin out! :(

5. palwill

palwill Regular member

I think he is saying...
    Put the dash update on one flash drive
    Have another flash drive formatted as a memory unit instead of the hard drive
    Install the update.

I don't know if you need the memory unit. I think you can do it just without the HD.

6. vince15NJ

vince15NJ Member

I'm having this same problem right now. I tried everything you said, even went out and bought 2 USB sticks. As soon as it starts to install it gives me the same error message no matter what I do. Anyone else SOLVED this?

Also, did this flash your drive back to stock like others have said? the game that caused this for me is dead island

Last edited: Sep 8, 2011
  7. dac1344

dac1344 Member

When this happened to me all i did was replace the drive with a dummy drive and it updated fine. So if you've got an extra laying around somewhere give that a try.

8. mazz0310

mazz0310 Regular member

I just flashed my DVD drive back to stock and I was able to boot to the dashboard (but it didn't update). Then I just used a USB to update, and then I reflashed my DVD drive and now I'm playing Dead Island!

9. sjonnieb

sjonnieb Member

ISSUE SOLVED!

This is what happened to me and how I solved it:

When I inserted a new game (F1 2011) an update was needed (the console said). I said OK and when the console rebooted it came back with the message containing "System Update Stopped ... contact xbox.com\support ... status code 3151-351F-2800-0F00-C000-0034.

I tried turning off/on, re-inserting several disks, unplugging power, nothing worked. I tried to run the latest update (downloaded from the Xbox support updates site) from a FAT32 formatted USB stick: nu luck.

What did the trick for me in the end (as suggested above in this thread):

1. I downloaded the previous system update (2.0.13599.0.rar) from this site (replace \ by /) : http:\dl.console.se\index.php?dir=Xbox360\Uppdateringar\ and unzipped to the USB stick.
    2. when the error on the console showed, I inserted the USB stick and the update went OK.
    3. I then downloaded the latest update from the xbox support updates site again, burnt that to a CD-R (but unzipped to USB should also work) and then performed the update. It then ran OK!

Seems the update from game disk was "corrupt". From USB it ran like a charm and F1 2011 works fine now!

Hope this helps. Leave us a note!