Some backups dont work

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by Doomcrew, Aug 1, 2005.

1. Doomcrew

Doomcrew Member

Hello all,
    I just recently modded a buddies Xbox, and it was the first v1.6 I had done. I used the Xenium SP Ice solderless adapter, because of my good luck with the Xenium ICE Solderless. Now, I understand I need a different bios than the standard xbox versions, So, Im using the X2_5035_v16plus_512k.bin. The issue Im having is, i sent a bunch of games over to his box using Qwix, and when we try to play certain ones, they freeze up. Ghost recon 2 freezes at the "press start" screen every time. I decided to delete it and resend it, and still does the same thing. I also burned it to a DVD-R, and again freezes at the same point. Is there more options for bios' for the 1.6 xbox, and Does this sound like a bios problem? I am running version 2.1.0 of the Xenium OS BTW. I am at a loss, and any pointers would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks in advance

2. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

My guess is it sounds like a corrupt file.

3. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

You may want to use the Original disc to make another backup and see if the results change.

4. Bubba1982

Bubba1982 Regular member

the problem may lie in the fact that you are aparently using qwix to ftp the game to his hd. try going to www.download.com and grab a copy of core ftp lite. It is free and works really well. just ftp the games to the folder where you usually store the games.

also, make sure that the game region settings are set to auto. Dunno if xenium has that feature or if it is an evoX feature only.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2005
  5. Doomcrew

Doomcrew Member

Ok, I solved the problem. The issue wasnt with a corrupt file, as I have uploaded the same iso to several boxes before. I also burned the image to a disc, and it would not play, which was odd. (Same thing with several other games). The thing I did to fix it all, was to delete all the data in the E:\cache directory on the box in question. Reboot and all is well. All games play, and I have no issues. I had used the Xenium drive upgrade process, and it appears to be flawed. Thanks for the input guys, but it appears Im all set.

6. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

@Doomcrew
    See, if you would've used Xecuter...this post would've never existed.

Just playing, I'm glad you figured it out.