Somewhat Educated Newbie :) Needs Help..

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by Synergist, Nov 8, 2005.

1. Synergist

Synergist Member

Hi everyone, I have a Modded XBOX with EVOX and my kids continue to destory thier copy of Dance Dance Rev Ultramix 2, I want to make a copy of this but keep it on the harddrive.

I tried my version of DVD2XBOX v.50 and it copies all the files except 1. Then when I try to boot from the HD it tells me that something is wrong with my Disc.

Then I tried to grab the files off the DVD via my PC and ftp them over, but windows only sees like 4 files on the DVD and not even 50megs of data.

I know I'm missing something somewhere... Please help :)

2. Bubba1982

Bubba1982 Regular member

get a copy of Craxtion 4 and you can copy the game from the xbox's dvd drive to the pc. after you have done this you can just ftp all the files back to the xbox.

Also you should jump on #xbins and update your copy of DVD2Xbox

3. Synergist

Synergist Member

Thanks a lot, Which IRC network, EFNET or Undernet?

4. Bohefus

Bohefus Regular member

Even if it's a copy of a game your computer won't read the xbox disc(it will copy it but still can't read the xbox file structure).You need to either get dvd2xbox working or FTP the contents of the disc from your xbox dvdrom to your computer hdd and then FTP it back to your xbox hdd. FlashFXP Craxtion or any FTP client will do.
    EFNET

5. Synergist

Synergist Member

Thanks, I've been able to get a new copy of xbox2dvd and have installed it, What a change from .50 :) Still no success on backing up DDR Ultramix 2 to HD. Is it common that I would not have some success on some of my games?

I'll try the Craxton route, but I guessing DVD2XBOX can't read that one file then nothing else will :)

6. Bubba1982

Bubba1982 Regular member

hmmm, I have had some games before that dvd2xbox couldn't 1 file. hopefully Craxtion will help. either that or Qwix. Also if the disc is scratched then this might affect it also. If it is scratched then there are 3 options open to you. 1. There is a method that a bunch of guys in the aD mIRC channel swear by, and that is to get furniture polish(The spray on type) and spray the shiny side of the disc and polish the thing up. then try to make a backup of it. 2. Buy what is know as a "Disc Doctor", this kind of sands a super fine layer off the disc to remove the scratches (I have one and they are great). 3. Buy or download a new copy :(

7. TornTMAC

TornTMAC Member

Sweet tip on the furniture polish idea. The Skip Doctor does work very well too. Also try to see if you have the most up to date ACL files for DVD2XBOX. I had a similar problem with Leisure Suit Larry and was able to resolve it with a new ACL file. (Just because you have the latest version of DVD2XBOX doesn't necessarily mean all your ACL files are current.)

8. Allegro1

Allegro1 Regular member

Just as a reality check, make sure you have enough disk space on the partition you are copying your game to. I kept trying to FTP one game onto the hard drive over and over again and it would poop out at the same point no matter what FTP settings I tried until I realized I was copying it to the wrong partition!

Good Luck