Sony DCR HC20 error message

Discussion in 'Digital camcorders' started by Smoke32, Nov 11, 2006.

1. Smoke32

Smoke32 Member

I purchased a sony handycam and basically after about a year of use, I experienced horizontal lines on my screen during playback. I thought it was just that the head needed cleaned, which it still may...but I also get an error code of E 61:10...I looked this up on various sites and pretty much just says something about digital zoom not functioning properly...Which I noticed that it DOES NOT work properly. Any ideas on fixing it without paying sony's $211 flat fix fee(can be more depending on problem)....thanks

2. dmejia25

dmejia25 Member

i had the same exact problem w/ my camara. the dcrhc20 models and other handy cams were recalled so by calling sony u migh end up getting it fixed for free because when i got mine fixed they didnt charge me a dime well u might want to visit the sony page and go under service/repair and type in the model number and it will take u to the lawsuit page.

3. kemjika11

kemjika11 Member

wow!!!!!!!!

i had the same exact problem. Actually, i still have the camcorder, its in decent shape, but it still has that same problem. It just keeps telling me the head is dirty, and it basically records, if any, in horizontal lines. I bought a new zr-500, but surprisingly, i love the nightshot of the sony. I often find myself in parties, etc were there is little lighting, and the sony is good for that, so i'm seeing how i can resurrect it. I will check out the sony website and see whats good.

4. dmejia25

dmejia25 Member

this web site will help you find out what u need www.sonystyle.com/ccdsettlement.
    or u can call them at 1-800-222-7669,

GOOD LUCK

5. kemjika11

kemjika11 Member

well thanks for the link. I actually went to that site last night, and read on it, and i filled out a form, and they sent me the shipping labels already. It should be replaced for free or totally fixed.

The problem is the CCD lenses are basically dysfunctional products. My problems is that i get several horizontal bands constantly on the LCD screeen, but sound plays. The screen shots they had had only 2 scenarios: 1)a completely blank green looking screen with sound and 2)some other messed up LCD shot. I just hope they accept it smoothly and replace it for free. They said it starts acting up after being in a humid and hot climate. Well it started acting up right at the end of my trip to jamaica last christmas. Kinda looking forward to having a new camcorder. Nighshot is the s***!

6. dmejia25

dmejia25 Member

YUP THEY SHOULD FIX IT FOR FREE JUST SENT IT AND YOULL GET IT BACK IN A FEW WEEKS GOOD AS NEW