1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by RobertJ, Apr 18, 2004.

1. RobertJ

RobertJ Member

Sep 19, 2003
    I have tried every search conceivable, so please forgive me if I am posting wrong. Someone just point me in the right direction. I got this piece of junk camera as a gift . It lists for $1200 US , I am so degusted with it I am trying to sell in now for half the of the price, because the best movie I have been able to burn is a very choppy svcd and I am fairly good with a PC.

The software included is Imagemaker 1.5 and Movieshaker. Imagemaker does not recognize firewire and movieshaker does not burn dvd. I made a mpeg2 movie file with the movieshaker but I don’t know how to make it into a DVD. I copied the file to a DVD , but it will not play in DVD player. I am sure this is very obvious to someone out there. Sony , and imagemaker support are useless. I have done a dozen “mpeg2 to VOB” ,”mpeg2 to DVD” searches and have found nothing. How does one get/convert a Mpeg2 file to be able to play on DVD player ?

Thank You Robert
  2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Feb 13, 2003
    Sorry to hear of your troubles :(

We do have a camcorder forum where all our camera gurus hang out - they can probably help you.

Here's the link:

Welcome to AD!
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2004