SONY DCR-TRV238E

Discussion in 'Digital camcorders' started by letsbee3, Apr 21, 2009.

1. letsbee3

letsbee3 Member

Sony and Vista seem to have a few problems, reading through the boards I have been unable to learn why.

My DCR trv238E simply refuses to be recognised by Vista, Ilink, Firewire, nothing works, the Sony drivers offered are not working either.

Any suggestions, or do I look for a new camcorder ?

2. coremega

coremega Member

Mabee you need to look at the specifications for your digital camcorder before you buy it. Try using a site like

Megacameras.com for Digital Camera reviews
    or
    DPReview.com for side by side comparisons

Read it thourougly and make sure that that camcorder's software is compatible with Vista. Also there are some universal software that could work for you if you google for it. Again just make sure its vista compatible.

:)

3. goodwill2

goodwill2 Member

The Sony Handycam CCD-TRV238E is a camcorder that can be described as Hi8 . Like many other devices on this growing market, the recording media it uses are: Hi8. The CCD-TRV238E has an interesting recording mode and uses a CCD sensor. Having this 20 X zoom (optical), you will zoom small details! Sony implemented an interesting LCD screen of 2.5 inches. This model is electrified with a Lithium Ion Battery: 1.