Sony DCR TVR280 - connecting to a PC

Discussion in 'Digital camcorders' started by 6side, Dec 10, 2006.

1. 6side

6side Guest

Hi all,

Following earlier threads on this, I too am having problems. I downloaded and installed the driver for USB fromn Sony and still my Dell does not recognize the video camera. Any suggestions? I will go out and buy a Firewire cable today as well - can anyone confirm that no driver is necessary when using Firewire to connect the TRV280 to a PC? Very frustrating - I had really hoped it woudl be plug-n-play so that my son could get on with editing video.

Thanks,

MIke

2. beachpoet

beachpoet Member

I checked Internet and there is a TVR280 and a TRV280 and they both seem to be Digital 8 cameras. Curious. In general, to get USB to recognize a camera, you have to load the drivers to the computer that came with the camera. If you connect to Firewire on Windows 2000 or XP, the OS recognizes the camera and mounts drivers for it. You can see this by waiting until the OS is completely loaded, then plugging in your firewire cable. When you open the video capture program, it will see the camera immediately.

3. giandein

giandein Member

My dillema regarding with TRV280 is not the drivers.I still have the installation CD intact.However USB detection is not working.I'am using Compaq NX9040. WinXP Pro SP2. Any known bugs for this system?

4. 6side

6side Guest

All,

My connectivity problems above were solved by buying a Firewire cable - no drivers, no software, it was simply plug and play. I was amazed at how simple it was, and fast. USB never worked for me, even after downloading the drivers from Sony.

Mike