SONY DRU500A Problem

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by DVDBACK, Jun 27, 2003.

1. DVDBACK

DVDBACK Guest

Hey guys, i haven't posted in awhile cause well things have been going very smooth. I'm using a Sony DRU 500a with nero 5.5.10.35. My problem is that i have firmware version f. BUT, my dru500a won't burn my RITEK 04's @ anything higher than 1x. I know they are 04's because of their serial number. When i start the burning process in nero, it says it is burning @ 2x, but it isn't! It takes about 1 hr. What is the deal?

DVDBACK

2. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Check your DMA settings

3. DVDBACK

DVDBACK Guest

Oriphus,

Could you elaborate just a little for me. Anything i should be looking for?

4. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Hi, sorry, it was late at night and i was tired :-]
    Make sure you turn DMA off for the drive (either in drive properties, or on XP in the advanced properties for the IDE controller) and remove any Packet Writing software. This may help solve your problem.

Chris

5. xgasman

xgasman Member

SONY DRU-500A usually works fine with DMA turned on, turning it off will likely slow it down. Mine with firmware 1.0f works great but then I don't try burning at 4x.

6. DVDBACK

DVDBACK Guest

Yeah, DMA didn't seem to effect my results. I have two drives....the DRU is set to master and my Samsung (the drive i use to rip the DVD's) is set to slave. Is there something there i should be looking for? I've ran all of the Sony diagnostics....everything is fine with the drive. I bought a sony dvd+rw today.....it will only write @ 1x. ???

DVDBACK