Sony DW-U10a not working with nero or pinnacle

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by mvman70, Apr 11, 2003.

1. mvman70

mvman70 Member

I have a Dell Dimension 4300 and recently installed a Sony DW-U10A DVD writer drive. After putting the drive in I booted into Win XP (home ed.) and after a few mins it detected the new hardware and it came up with the right name. I then went into Nero burining rom which came with the drive to see if i could burn a DVD. On the wizard the create DVD and DD CD were grayed out and I couldn't select burn DVD - even though I had set the recorder to the DVD writer drive. I then tried out pinnacle and the same problem occured - only allowing me to create a DVD Image on the HDD. I am using pinnacle 8.3 and nero v5.5.9.4. Has any one else encountered these problems and if so how did you solve them/are there any drivers or firmware updates I need? It almost seems Windows has detected it but the burning software has not!? Any help would be appreciated -
    Thx - MVman.

2. mvman70

mvman70 Member

Have now got the drive working - I installed the latest version of Nero and I can now select DVD. Pinnacles latest version does not yet support this drive by the looks of things - just gonna wait for an update or possibly update the firmware.