SONY HANDYCAM DCR-HC19E Burn to DVD HELP!

Discussion in 'Digital camcorders' started by bluebel, Jan 23, 2006.

1. bluebel

bluebel Member

Hi
    Im in desperate need of some help with my Handycam.

I purchased the DCR-HC19E to record then download from my computer to DVD to watch through a DVD player, however I man having difficulty achieveing this. I can burn onto a CD-R no probs using the Picture Package software supplied, and watch through Windows Media but thats about it. It will not allow me to burn to DVD (my computer does have a DVD Writer).

After reading through the manual supplied I have come to the conclusion that this may not be as simple as I thought.
    Is the only way I can do this through a SONY Vario series computer via an I Link? Or is there a software package I can purchase to do this, or any other ways round it?

As you can probably tell im not clued up on this technical stuff, and any point in the direction would be much appreciated.

Thanks for looking
    Bluebell

2. sheppy124

sheppy124 Regular member

Its really easy, I pursume you have a firewire lead this is the fasted and best way to get video off your camera, if not you should get one, your sony via should have firewire on it. The cheapest way, and to get you started, if using xp you should have windows movie maker on it, if not you can download from internet. on it, capture you footage using that, this will give you the option to create file in many different formats, the ones you will need are either mpeg 1(vcd) or mpeg 2(dvd). The only problem with movie maker it just creates the mpeg file, so you will need some other burning software to burn it to a cd (vcd) 650mb limit or dvd (4.36gb) limit, you probably have some sony burning stuff on it that will probably do, or nero will do it. If not have a look around on the net there is lot of freeware burners and converters around. There is also loads of all in one software around if you want spend some money, adobe elements 2.0 (capture and burning, bit of learning curve), pinnacle, ulead, sonic etc.

Have a look at site TPFKAS site that he shows and rec for a good understanding and good start its very clear. http://www.digitalvideoclub.com/basics/tapetodvd.php

The stuff with the sony is rubbish, I have the hc21, same as yours bascially but mine has cradle. I use adobe elements 2.0,

Last edited: Jan 23, 2006
  3. slw4622

slw4622 Member

If your pc does not have a fiewire port than you need to get a firewire card. You can get one cheap from tiger direct. I got one last week with a cable for $25. Once you have firewire then move on to ms movie maker. Good luck