sound but no picture LITEON LDW-451S

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by steve1971, Jan 30, 2004.

1. steve1971

steve1971 Guest

Just installed this today, no problem with CD's but when I play retail & copied DVD's I get sound but no picture. Have tried with Windows Media Player 9, PowerDVD and WinDVD 5 and have the same problem each time. Have also tried with Nero 6 Showtime but just get 'Internal error. Cannot build graph. The application may be installed incorrectly.' I have rechecked my hardware connections, Windows XP tells me all is working correctly, and I have downloaded latest firmware from LITEON.

I would be grateful for any suggestions because this is all unknown territory for me, is this a software/driver issue or might there be something wrong with my new equipment?

2. dwdanner

dwdanner Member

Steve, Just installed the Mad dog Dominator 6 in 1 4x DVD-R/-RW with Nero 6 as the program. Can play audio CD's but can't play a DVD movie...get "Internal error. Cannot build graph. The application may be installed incorrectly" How did you solve your problem. thanks in advance. DWD

3. steve1971

steve1971 Guest

Solved my problem by going into...
    Display Properties - Settings - Advanced - Troubleshoot and then lowering the Hardware Acceleration a couple of steps. Don't know whether this will help you but will be quick and easy to try.