South Australian Attorney-General Michael Atkinson blocks games ratings debate

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by AuWolf, Oct 30, 2008.

1. AuWolf

AuWolf Member

Link

"Children needed to be protected from adult games"

We may have our Internet filtered and now this?

Shouldn't it be up to the parents?

Normally for games to be allowed into Australia they must have a rating of MA15+ be modified to tone down the content or they get banned.

The Government attempts at trying to censor us is getting worse.

Thoughts?

All one needs is a little common sense to tell the difference between what's real and what's not

2. onya

onya Guest

You...again! (joking)
    Isn't it saddening to think that the powers that be, believe parents have now become some sort of a frigwit culture? As a father, it takes vigilance, diligence and a heck of a lot of loving concern to protect the young and vulnerable. Why in heavens creation, am I thought to neglect my duty/responsibility (call it what you like)... that I can no longer perform as a responsible adult. I sincerely shed a tear for times to come.
    I could rave on about our education system and how it fails..I could rave on regarding the economy, and how the likeleyhood of "the fruits of my loins" ever getting into the real estate market, and being home owners is next to zero. I shall refrain at this point.
    However, should the powers that be, attempt to fix such important issues as aforementioned, they would simply never be voted out of office. Instead they 'tickle' our intellect and ego's to make us believe THEY are doing what WE want. The seemingly never ending pissing around the pollys revel in, is staggering. Let the user decide what to see, use, read blah blah blah, and get on with the important issues.