sp2 = firewire problems??

Discussion in 'Digital camcorders' started by Leinad123, Aug 10, 2005.

1. Leinad123

Leinad123 Member

i have a JVC GR-DVL520EA camcorder/DVC and has worked beautifully with my current PC setup until a while back when i figured out was around the time windows service pack 2 got installed. All of a sudden BAM! my firewire card doesnt work properly, well i think it doeasnt anyway. I can still get windows to recognise the video camera but no programs will capture from it. I have tried to delete the sp2 firewire compunents and change them back to sp1 by reAding other forums but to no real avail. I have also tried re-installing the firewire card itself using device manager. No use. I could really use some help here im at a loss of what to do now because ve heard of other people contacting jvc for similar problems and them blaming microsoft and then microsoft blaming jvc.. HELP PLEASE!

2. tjfenton

tjfenton Guest

SP2 has caused a lot of problems and compatibility issues. Have you tried a system restore to the point before you installed SP2? It may not help, but it's worth a try at this point.

3. Leinad123

Leinad123 Member

hrmm not a bad idea but i havent made any restore points ever, does windows keep them forever?? i always thought they only went back as far as 5 resets.

I'll try it if it has points saved that far back.

4. tjfenton

tjfenton Guest

I am not certain how far back they go, at least a month.

5. toots347

toots347 Member

6. tjfenton

tjfenton Guest

I would try that link, thanks toots.

7. Leinad123

Leinad123 Member

i gave it a whirl and didnt seem to do anything, i might try re-installing the actual card in device manager again after the hotfix