Spiking my hair (please help me out)

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by Trigun, Jan 28, 2004.

1. Trigun

Trigun Member

I really have no clue how to spike my hair. I need someone to tell me how. Could someone give me a link to a site with a guide or video? Also, what hair gel or musse do you guys reccomend for spiking my hair. Also my hair is a lil curly(just a bit), do u know how I could straighten it?

Thanks,
    Trigun

p.s. How do u guys get those pics on ur posts?

2. DaOsT

DaOsT Regular member

could be wrong ere but spiking hair on an afterdawn forum well just guess I am drunk this is a first from what I have read ......but it is in the right section

ever tried google??

chuckles a lil

DaOsT

3. Trigun

Trigun Member

im not stupid >=P, i have tried google and ask jeeves.

4. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Get a load of really thick gel - stick it in your hair - brush straight up in the air - hence spike.

5. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

Depends on the type of spiking you want... ir ur looking for those really ultra hardcore spikes that can impale people just doing that wont work hehe.

And its easier to 'mould' ur hair with hands rather than a comb. :p

6. safc_66

safc_66 Regular member

Bit of an odd topic, but here goes !
    Dampen hair slightly, then rub a bar of soap well into it (not the WHOLE bar, lol). Run yer hands thru it, your hair should do exactly as ya want it to !

Dene, 37 year old ex- punk (been there, done it, etc, etc).

7. Trigun

Trigun Member

safc_66, are you crazy? Put a bar of soap in my hair? It will have white stuff in it and bubbles! I found out a perfect guide to spiking hair, check it, http://groups.msn.com/DCsFinestPunks/howtospikehair.msnw. Hehe, its a perfect guide. I'm not going to use SOAP OR GELATIN!!! I'll stic with gel like normal people. Plus I do want it to come out sometime lol.
    One more thing, do you guys know where I can buy icy spike? I heard it was the bomb for spiking hair.

8. Trigun

Trigun Member

My hair is a little bit curly, not that much, but a little. Does it matter? Will my spikes still be straight? Do you think I should use hair straightener? If so what do you reccomend for a kid(13) with short hair? I really want spikey hair(straight spikes not curly spikes).

Thankz,
    Trigun

9. vanila

vanila Member

back in the day....sometimes people used egg.
    yeah, no kidding.

I just used hair spray.

10. safc_66

safc_66 Regular member

Vanila :- back in the day we used car spray paints to colour our hair, it combs out when dry, same as hair spray !!

Trigun :- Don't be cheeky to an ex-punk, lol, seriously, the soap-job works. You don't SOAK yer hair, dampen it, towel-dry it a bit, then rub the soap (also slightly dampened)in. If yer worried about looking a bit 'Flakey', lightly grease it up with a bit vaseline.
    BTW, never ever link me to a page with a pic of Good Charlotte on again, or we may fall out, lol !!

Check out some decent music:- Sex Pistols, The Damned, Stiff Little Fingers. Do a Google :- English Punk. Enjoy, mate

Dene

11. Trigun

Trigun Member

Ok, my hair when I spike it kinda curls! any suggestions, i waz crazy enough to put soap in my hair and my hair was lathered with it!!! I'm not going around school with my hair looking like i didnt wash the shampoo out of it. No but, plz help with the curling!!

12. six.6.six

six.6.six Regular member

Egg whites will do the trick (NO YELLOW) also the shorter the curl the more likely you will get it to spike i have spiral curls and as a kid had a 6 inch mohawk front to back a straiting iron will help out alot too....

13. DMW

DMW Regular member

Buy styling wax, its easy to apply, lasts and will keep out your curls. And if anyone gets the urge to mess it up you can sort it again with yor hands, no need for combing.
    Sidenote : Good Charlotte, punks?? yeah, right! John-Lydon would be laughing his ass off.
    Later.

14. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

I'll second the egg whites. We used them for Liberty Spikes back in the day.

15. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

LOL Good times :p

16. andmerr

andmerr Guest

if you type this into your web browser and post your question on this site you may get the answer you wish

"gutter goths and glamour punks"

they seem to be obsessed with spikey hair

17. pcshateme

pcshateme Guest

what i do is dampen my hair (not too much, just a little) with cold (not warm cause it makes hair droop for some reason) water. than i put like an egg sized glob of suave 2x hold moouse into my hand- splitt it between my hands and pull up on the sides of my hair, then i repeat with the middle.

moouse is better cause gel and wax can cause flakes, and make you loose your hair latter in life because most of them are alcohol based. (non alcohol based should be ok)

moouse washes out easily, holds pretty well and lasts all day.

-i dont mind, but why is this even a topic?