spyware/adware helppppp

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by theking22, Jul 30, 2004.

1. theking22

theking22 Guest

do anyone know the best software for spyware/adware cause i've been infected. I tried using spyware doctor but was no help.. i kept getting red screen saying " spyware have been detected".

plzzz anyone
    thanx in advance

2. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest

May I suggest you use the little search box at the TOP of the Forum !! ~~Smiles.

I have personally replied to that query at least on a dozen threads.

3. The_OGS

The_OGS Active member

Jeanc1 has given good advice :)
    But since this thread caught my eye, may I recommend SpyBot Search & Destroy
    http://security.kolla.de/
    It is very useful software, even in some ways apart from the obvious one...
    Regards

4. brobear

brobear Guest

The Spybot as mentioned and Ad-Aware6 and SpySweeper by Webroot are a couple of more. Beware, some free spyware actually gives you more adware. The three mentioned are good items and are trouble free. You can download them at CNet Downloads.

5. m4a1

m4a1 Member

i highly recommend pest patrol & registry mechanic. Pest&patrol for removing big pieces of any kind of ware file, hijackers, etc. REgistry mechanic to sweep up the small things that the ware files messed up. works for me.

6. j_holmes

j_holmes Regular member

I swear by scan spyware 3.6/ with spybot and adaware, and pest patrol, use them all with reg mechanic and you wont have any prob's. I know i dont..

7. brobear

brobear Guest

As you can tell everyone has their favorite. Spybot is a proven program and is recommended by professionals. AdAware6 is another proven product. But don't take my word for it. Copy down the list and head to CNet Downloads and check the number of downloads for each item. Here is a link that lists some spyware programs and may answer some questions.
    http://cgi.tripod.com/321ripforum/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?board=internet

The other programs may well be good, I am not familiar with them. I am speaking of programs with a proven record that work for the most.

BTW, CNet and ZDNet both have spyware sections. These sites have freeware and trialware as well as retail items. I recommend the sites more highly than the spyware.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][bold]'brobear'[/bold]

[​IMG]

[bold]Et tu, Brute![/bold][/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2004