standalone dvd recorders

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by ericb, Mar 7, 2003.

1. ericb

ericb Member

I have a philips+r recorder/player that has svideo inputs. I have a computer with an svideo output. so i thought that i could play a dvd in the computer and connect it to the philips with an svideo lead and watch/record the film. Only it didn't work and i just a have a swirly green blobby misty screen. I connected the svideo lead while the computer was switched off as per instructions. is there something else i should be doing to the video settings? does anyone know? am i being really dense? help! please

2. sloth

sloth Guest

The S-Video output from your computer's video card, will still, I assume contain Macromedia copy protection - a basically "pre-digital" copy protection that is also used on commercial VHS releases of Holywood movies. You can remove it, sometimes with inbetween black boxes such as one from sima (check out www.videoguys.com) but it may involve some significant dial twidling. Good Luck

3. novica

novica Guest

I have pinnacle card in my compjuter with black box out and svhs cable, you must put you movie in premier(6,0) and then out on recorder I have panasonic dmr e20 dvd recorder I am doing like this to copy films becouse macro media protection !

4. ericb

ericb Member

novica you have lost me! what is 'blackbox' and 'premier 6'? I don't think it is the macrovision because using the svideo lead to my tv screen should enable me to see the computer on the telly screen but all i get is green fuzz. it doesn't seem to make any difference whether i play a dvd or a divx or an mpg or just want the computer desktop up all i get is green fuzz. That is why i thought I might be failing to do something very simple with the graphics card! Any ideas anyone?