1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

starview remote control not working

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by markronan, Jun 13, 2007.

1. markronan

markronan Member

my Starview remote stopped working.i have the box a day and i didnt drop the remote and its not the batteries does anyone know whats wrong please reply

2. tulsa365

tulsa365 Member

markronan:i have exact same problem.any luck sorting it out?

3. car19

car19 Regular member

To find out if the remote is faulty try this. First find a AM radio ,switch the radio on and tune it to a quite part of the AM band so all you can hear is static the put the remote very close to the front of the radio and you should hear "clicking noises" from the radio To check that you know what you are doing try a remote you know works?

4. eamo32

eamo32 Regular member

We solved this for someone (markronan I think) in the last couple of days.
    If you have a mobile phone with camera, switch it to camera mode. Point the remote at the camera lens, and you should see the infra-red LED flashing on the screen. If you don't see it flashing, then yes, the remote is dead.
    The above is courtesy of ryanmg.
    If you do see it flashing, then it's not the remote. The guy from the other day only had his starview about 2 weeks, however, I advised him to open the case and look inside for a loose connector, and there it was problem solved, one loose connector.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2007
  5. tulsa365

tulsa365 Member

thank you guys for ur idea's/solutions.somehow my remote came "back to life" it was dead for a day,tried switching off/reboot,changed batteries everything to no avail.came back to life this morning.i'm stumped!

6. eamo32

eamo32 Regular member

I'd definitely have a look inside your box for a loose connection, it has all the symptoms, i.e. it works, then it doesn't, then it does, and so on.
    Presumably you've been using the buttons on the front of the box, and when you did this, a slight bump could have lined up the connector enough for it to work.
    The next time somebody touches / knocks the box, you might find your remote not working again.

7. phibsboro

phibsboro Guest

Many thanks with the remote info it saved me a lot of hassle it was the loose connection in the box.

8. car19

car19 Regular member

Hi I have a starview remote that does not work it does not work on any other box yet a remote from my own box does work on the box the remote is faulty even when when using a test er for remotes the signal is there but not working

9. Cass27

Cass27 Member

Hi I'm having the same problem with my remote controls. When i used the camera phone to see if its dead and the infra red led is solid not flashing. Aother remote works on the box. Does anyone have an idea what is wrong with it.

10. Stu77

Stu77 Member

My Starview PVR remote has stopped working but weirdly is turning the TV on and off and changing stations/volume etc.

I tried my old Starview "The Box" remote control and that works fine with my Starview PVR. Does anybody have any solutions?

I thought it might be a loose connection in the box but then why does my old starview remote work with my PVR box and why is my PVR remote working with the TV.

Confused Yet. I am.

11. chris1977

chris1977 Guest

hi can someone please help i have 2 stxxviw and my remotes wont change either stations there nothing blocking them and have checked them with cam on ph both got upgraded last month thanks

12. Celtic71

Celtic71 Active member

I know this is an old post but this might be the solution lol

There is a 'make me dead' button on the PVR remote, don't ask me why but:
    Press Aux = Kills remote
    Press STB = Brings back remote.
    Try it.

13. Celtic71

Celtic71 Active member

Did you try replace the batteries , or disconnt the b0x and open the screws around it , check the connector near the display screen is pushed in tighly

14. chris1977

chris1977 Guest

hi celtic thank for reply yep checked batt and did what you advised still nothing
    the two sv are affected its headwreckn

15. Celtic71

Celtic71 Active member

You can buy a replacement remote here or here

16. steo9481

steo9481 Member

Its the same with my Control then I went out and bought a new control but still not working any Ideas would be great thanks
    (I hate getting up to change channels )