stomp record now max 4.5 only 12x record

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by keratos, Sep 4, 2005.

1. keratos

keratos Member

Hi
    Can anyone tell me why Stomp Record Now Max v4.5 only maxes out at 12x record on my Philips DVDR1628P1 DVD(+/-) recorder. The DVD is supposed to be 16x write, but the listbox selection in the write options in RecordNow Max only goes upto 8x and the "Max" setting shows up in the log, as 12x write. Note this is the same for CDR too !!!

I'm running on XP with 1GB RAM.

2. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

Do you really want to burn that fast while creating DvD Backups? I'm just asking because the faster the process the increase goes up for potential errors.

Not saying you can't burn fast or shouldn't, but, the potential is there for errors.

As for the setting: Right click on the drive in "My Computer"->
    Properties->Recording and then select the speed. If you want it to go that fast, select fastest in the drop down box.

3. keratos

keratos Member

thx for taking the time to reply, however I am not entirely convinced your solution is appropriat, viz:

In the the MyComputer->[Drive]->Properties->Recording tab, I currently have the "Enable CD recording on this drive" checkbox disabled. This is for £DragNDrop" recording under EP I believe, my friend. Despite this being disabled, apps such as Nero and Alcohol function fine.

Anyway, I enabled this and the fastest speed that drops down in the listbox is 8x, I know nero and alcohol burn (or report burning!) at 16x.

As for the error prone high speed recording, I have to say this is not my experience. I use titanium 16x and all my Xbox games to date have backed up successfully.

4. keratos

keratos Member

sorry,typos..."This is for DRAG N DROP recording under XP" ...

5. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

Then I stand corrected...maybe it's just coincidence that my burn speed is the same as that setting. Well, the only other thing you could check is the setting for your burn program. It must have a speed regulation option.