1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Streaming DVD's to 360 Guide - 4 Steps Full DVD Quality!

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by sthrncali, Jan 2, 2008.

1. algtz1

algtz1 Regular member

Before I can get a new pch, I neet to upgrade my router. I have a netgear g and read that you need a route with N technologies but I don't want to upgrade just yet. It took me forever to learn how to open the router ports to get my vista pc to see my xp pcs. I don't want to go through that hassel with a new router just yet. It was such a headache.

2. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

Did you see they're taking orders for the new A 110? Maybe they'll lower the price of the A 100.

3. mactavish

mactavish Member

that is good news...i will check it out

4. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

If you have the Popcorn Hour and a Netflix account, you can now watch the Instant movies now through the Popcorn Hour. Just install PlayOn on your pc.

5. BryanNH_3

BryanNH_3 Regular member

The point is to have ripped movies with full quality and dolby surround ... not stereo and streaming quality

6. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

Well, the PH does a lot better job than the 360 ever will. You can stream .m2ts and dolby truehd.

I only brought up streaming Netflix through the PH in this old thread because we left off discussing the PH and felt some of the other posters would like the info.

7. duh

duh Member

(using a ps3)just thought I'd let you know, the method that I have working now,without any conversions (streaming vob's), but I am using a ps3.

my setup is
    windows xp home edition
    macdrive format external harddrive
    ps3 with latest update
    dlink n router, although it did work with the g router, just a
    little slower manuevering
    tversity is the software

I have only one issue, depending upon how big the vob is, the little black bars on top and bottom (probably form transcoding, am going to try turning it off tonight) of the screen get bigger and smaller,fox example cars had really big bars,(picture looked great) I would prefer a little less picture quality and have the screen cover the whole tv if anyone is good with tversity? other than that its great not having to convert, and then still have problems with audio or scene jumping, I did just do this yesterday, but every vob file I checked seemed to be without glitches

just thought some xp user might want to know this before buying a 360, because I never would have bought a 360 if I would have known how much better the ps3 is as far as streaming video, plus you get a bluray, so when you get a bluray reader for computer you could stream that as well.