streaming live television

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by icarly, Apr 4, 2010.

1. icarly

icarly Member

Hello guys.

I am just learning a little about streaming, and i have read people watching sky sports on there computers.
    Is this easy to do, and do you need any software.
    So where would i start to do this to see what its like....

2. Pegasis

Pegasis Regular member

You don't actually need a tv to watch and record tv stations on your pc, you can buy a tv tuner card for your pc, then all you need is a program to use the card, i.e gigapocket and the likes.

Most programes come with the capabilities of recording tv.

Streaming usually works in the opposite anyways i.e pc to tv.

Here is a card recomended by a few people i know, its the Hauppauge WinTV-PVR 150
    Used with an analog cable.

let me know if this was helpful and how you get on.

3. icarly

icarly Member

Hello pegasis...

Sorry if i have worded the post wrong.
    What i have read about, is that some people watch sky sports (ie.a football match on there computer's if they do not have sky sports on there tv.

This is even without a tv tuner card, is this called "streaming live tv" to your computer over the internet

Anyway all i wanted to know is How would i do this (ie. watch a football match from sky sports on my computer without a tv tuner card, my friend used to do this but has since moved, and he did not have a tuner card installed.

I can only think of he must have gone to some sky sports web-site to do this, i have tryed but got know where, or i went to the wrong site...

4. Pegasis

Pegasis Regular member

Maybe this site will help you out.

Sky on pc:

You can "register" for free and get quite a few channels too including: Sky sports 1 to 4, sky sports news, british euro sport 1 and 2, aspn and espn classic.

There may be completly free sites out there, if i come accross any i will post em for you. :)

Hope this helps. let me know.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2010
  5. icarly

icarly Member

Hey, thats great pegasis, i will just try that for 30 days, i have sky anyway but not sky sports.
    But on the other hand , after doing alot of searching i had found this site

http://www.myp2p.eu/

Which then led me to this site

http://footballstreams.tv/index.php

The picture quality was not that bad, i was watching the last 10 minites of a game last night and in fact it was a pritty good picture.

So i take it the sky player is much better quality and you would have more choices.
    So is this the only difference between the two.

At the oment i am just learning how , www.myp2p.eu works.
    Are you likely to have problems viewing sites like these....

thanks pegasis

6. Pegasis

Pegasis Regular member

to be honest the quality and likeliness of problems vairies from site to site, all i will suggest is that you run a virus and spyware check after using this site and if all checks out ok i see no problem as to why it would cause you any problems.

You'r right with the differences between the 2, so if your getting to watch what you want i see no need to use sky player after the 30 day trial.

Been looking at http://www.myp2p.eu/ and after a little search it looks promising.

I will keep a look out for any more worthwhile sites and post em here if i find any.