Subtitles

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by acke991, May 7, 2005.

1. acke991

acke991 Member

Iwould like to know how to put subtitles to the movies ive downloaded. I use vlc media player, i have bs player but it cant open the movies? Please help me..

2. tamden

tamden Guest

I only use 2 programs when converting avis and subs to dvd.This works works with all files!!!!

Before using these programs i tried all the other ones out there: avi2dvd, DVDSanta and the rest but i had
    sync probs with audio and subs but no more probs now!
    Heres what i do and it works every time!

Install a program called VobSub as this will force the subtitles.
    Install Canopus Procoder 2.This prog supports all files!!!!!
    Make sure when you unpack the download that you have the 2 avis and the subs files in exactly the same folder.
    There is no need to join these either as Canopus will do this for you.
    Start Canopus Procoder and put a tick in the stitch box as this will join the files together,
    then choose a target which will be dvd PAL or whatever you wish to do then click convert and choose a path for output
    if you don't choose a path then the default path is my documents. Then hit convert! watch the first 5 mins you should
    see the subtitles being tranconded with the movie, if so then unclick preview as this will slow down convertion.
    Encoding takes between 4 to 8 hrs but its so worth it! The finished result is a high quality dvd with subs!!!
    Its as Simple as that.

3. jetyi83

jetyi83 Regular member

if you just have an avi file.. how can you get subs for it?

or do you have to make them yourself or what. there is a file with the subs already in place?

i just got ong bak as an avi file but its in thai. just wanted to know if i could put subs in somehow