Suggestions for a new DVD standalone player.

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by bigboneli, Jul 5, 2004.

1. bigboneli

bigboneli Guest

Hi all. I have a friend moving to Scotland, so I sold him my Apex 1500 with macrovision/region removed via firmware upgrade, so he will be able to keep some of his NTSC collection, and buy his new flicks in PAL, when he gets there.

My dilemna is, I need to replace the Apex 1500, and I can't get that model anymore (probably DUE to it's firmware inadequacies ;)... )

SO, can the fine members of this forum PLEASE recommend a nice little DVD player that is easily made macrovision free. If discussion of macrovision is considered piracy or anything here, this is the scoop.

I need the macro removed because i have to go thru a vcr to allow me to hook up a Nintendo 64, some old Sega piece of crap and my kids PS2. It sure as hell isn't so i can put a DVD onto a fricking VHS tape :/ The VCR acts as a switch for me, and no, i DON'T want an A/V converter or any such crap cuz the kids won't be able to figure it out.

If you can recommend one, please let me know. I'm in Ontario, so Future Shop would be a great place if they had what I was after. Oh and ya, it's GOTTA play vcd/svcd as well, actually, ALL formats. I don't know what's new and 'fixable', hope you fine folk here in this forum do ;)

Thx in advance for yer help. (P.S. $$ dunna mattah)

2. bigboneli

bigboneli Guest

nm, i found it. phillips 642. nuff said ;)