1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Super Smash Brawl - Asking for d/l , seeding or posting a direct link = ban

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by wiichess, Jan 21, 2008.

1. wiichess

wiichess Regular member

Brawl is suppose to be released in Japan in 10 days. What I want to know is do you guys think about trying to download the Japanese version of Brawl to play on your USA wii's and wiikeys? Is a good idea? You'll safe 4-5 weeks.

See solutions below for Brawl

edited by binkie7 to add post from LilNguyen
    This is only for NTSC-U Wiis with the Wiikey modchip.

Since we are not allowed to post direct links to torrents, you'll have to find that on your own.

After you have extracted the iso, you will want to burn it onto a single layer DVD-R (I burned mine on Sony DVD-R at 8X using Nero Burning Rom). Pop it in your Nintendo Wii and it will initiate an update in the disc channel. You must click OK. Now DURING the update, there will be a bar showing the processing of the update. At the 10-15% mark (it will stop for a while and that's the sign), UNPLUG you Wii (the cord behind it.) This will AVOID having dupplicate channels. Now you will need to make another DVD. This time, brick block the ISO with Wii Brick Blocker. Then burn it the same way you did as the other. Pop it in your Wii and you are good to go!

---------------------------------------------------

English Menu Translations - link

---------------------------------------------------------

Posted by NemarPott

READ IF YOU ARE TRYING TO UNLOCK CHARACTERS

Here is the method I used. From a webiste called Pinkgodzillagames.

1. Start by changing to Stage Select rule. You'll want the fourth option, "Junguri."

2. Now return to the Brawl menu and select Special Brawl. It's the one that shows an image of a Mario hat with bunny ears.

3. Next change the first category (the one with the % symbol) to Tairyokusei and and the third category (the one showing the bunny ears) to Hana (it's the first option). Hit "okay" at the bottom of the screen. The game should take you immediately to the character select screen.

4. Now select your character and a character for the computer. When you select the computer's character, you'll notice the number 150 appear next to the image at the bottom. Move the pointer over the 150 and hit "A." Now push up on the control stick to reduce the computer's HP to just 1.

5. Start the match. The battle should last all of one second.

6. Repeat step 5 until a new challenger appears. Defeat the new challenger (Luigi, Sonic, etc.) to unlock him. After about two or three hours of this, you'll have all the characters unlocked including the final hidden character Star Wolf and his obscure sidekick Star Bear.

This method took me exactly 2 hours to collect all hidden character. Very easy just have patience. Also jsut for reference here are the unlcoked characters and how many VS matches it takes to unlock them.

Ness 5
    Marth 10
    Luigi 22
    Falco 50
    C.Falcon 70
    Lucario 100
    Snake 130
    R.O.B 160
    Ganondorf 200
    Mr.Game and Watch 250
    Sonic 300
    Jigglypuff 350
    Toon Link 400
    Wolf 450

Edited 3/10 by Binkie to add:
    Thanks to Cecy - link
    Here are the steps you need to backup your original version of USA Brawl.

You can only dump/rip the game with the "LG Drives". Use any burner to burn the game.

Download the following programs:

Friidump v 0.4.0.0 to dump the ISO (Find it on the "How to use friidump" thread on AD)
    &
    IMG BURN

Save the friidump folder on you C: in program files.
    Insert your SSBB original into your "LG" drive.
    Click on "START" for windows
    Click on run
    Type: cmd
    Then click: OK
    Type: cd..
    Hit enter
    Keep typing cd.. until you only see c:\> in dos
    Now type: cd program files
    Hit enter
    Type: cd friidump
    Hit enter
    Type: friidump -d f: -a
    (NOTE: f: is for my "LG" drive. Go to my computer and find out where you drive is located and put the corresponding letter there. For example, if your LG drive is the e drive then type -d e: -a, g drive would be friidump -d g:-a)
    hit enter and the dump should start.

Once it is complete (about 6hrs or more) go to my computers. Click c: and click on program files. Find your friidump file, open it and you will find you BRAWL iso. Check it to make sure the Bytes are the correct size. Right click the file, then click properties. It should be 8,511,160,320
    Now open IMG BURN and click on mode, write, select the Brawl file from the C: in the program file called friidump. Put in a DL disk a burner that will burn DL disk. Click Burn..

On my first try I used Verbatim DVD+R DL at 1x and it did not load properly. I reburned with a MEMOREX DVD+R DL at 2.4X and it worked perfect. I also updated ONLINE before loading the game but I don't think that really makes a difference.

To make a layer break in the iso: go to TOOLS, SETTINGS, WRITE. On options LAYER BREAK for DL media (top right) select USER SPECIFIED and enter 2084960. Click ok and then burn. (THIS SHOULD WORK FOR THOSE THAT HAVE download THE GAME and want to break the layers OR FOR THOSE THAT WANT TO DO THE 15% SWAP TRICK. It is not necessary to break the layers for USA WII with WIIKEY - DVD9 works fine.)

Hope I didn't miss anything, edit if I did..
    If you get an error, I suggest burning again with either different media or speed. If that doesn't work. Shut it down, reboot and retry the dump, then reburn.
    CHEERS!!

Edit 3/11 by binkie to add:
    How to play the retail copy of Brawl w/ the wiikey
    Thanks to XSilvenX - link
    Some guy posted a workaround on the psx scene forums. Supposedly if you mess up the wiikey via software then the Wii won't detect it and a RETAIL copy of Brawl will work. He says he tried it twice and it works.

- Get any update for the Wiikey 1.9b or 1.9g for example

- When the update is around 50-75% pull the plug on your Wii

- It should screw up the Wiikey and your wii won't be able to read burned discs

- Brawl should work

If it doesn't then it's probably a dirty lens..

It's a sort of on/off switch for the Wiikey because if you want to play burned games again all you have to do is use the Wiikey recover and update back to 1.9g and everything should go back to normal...and Brawl won't work..

So recap:

Turn Wiikey off -

Do an update and plug out the console during the update to render the Wiikey's chip software useless. Somehow this affects Brawl's code that allows it to figure out whether your Wii has a modchip or not and the regular US RETAIL Brawl should work..

Turn Wiikey on -

Use your Wiikey recovery cd to fix the Wiikey and re-update it back to it's normal settings with 1.9g and also don't forget to config 1.3 to switch back on whatever you had..

I am 100% sure this works.. Yes it's time consuming as hell but it's really the only thing we have for now..atleast until the Wiikey team releases an update for the Wiikey that somehow circumvents Brawl finding the chip.

What I did exactly... in simple easy to read steps

1. downloaded 1.9b from the Wii firmware updates thread that is stickied to this forum.

2. burned it

3. proceeded with the update as normal then at 70% I plugged out the cable on the back of my Wii..then waited for like 15 seconds (for no reason)

4. When I turned my Wii back on the 1.9b disc couldn't be read so I figured the Wiikey was not working... THIS IS GOOD

5. I popped in Brawl and splish splash BOOM.the "Super Smash Bros Brawl" intro came up.

6. I smiled... and posted this thread.

YAY Now to go and play Brawl. Spread the word everyone!

Disc Read Error
    Credit goes to brownie65

Here is what I did when I had burned my SSB onto a Sony+R DL DVD
    1. I burned it with ImageBurn didn't change any settings.
    2. Did the update from the internet to 3.2U and then the DVD did an update.
    3. Restarted the Wii, let SSB load, it let me create the save game file, then took me to the intro video that shows all of the characters.
    There was no sound and at the end of the video it takes me to the Disc Error and to refer to my wii manual.
    I took out the DVD but didn't turn the wii off or anything. As soon as you take it out place it right back in and it should continue the video/take you to the main menu.
    If not hit A or 1,2 on the wii remote, that usually skips the video. You can also skip the video by hitting these buttons as the game is loading. During game play I skip videos, some of the videos will get the disc error and I just eject disc and put right back in and it continues. Hope this helps.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2008
  2. DrewnMods

DrewnMods Member

I don't know about that, Im pretty excited for it to come out. I just dont want to brick my wii. I wouldnt take the risc.

3. wiichess

wiichess Regular member

For a long time I believed that the next update from nintendo was Brawl.
    I think as long as Brawl doesn't ask for an update and I use wiiblocker, it should work. But this all theory.

4. DrewnMods

DrewnMods Member

I was also thinking the same thing. I guess we will see in a week.

5. toofpaste

toofpaste Member

To be honest, i cant wait for ssb comes out in 8 more days.....
    Also, i am modding my wii next week (ordered wiikey today.

Will it be safe to play online multi if I have a US wiikeyed wii?

6. wiimii

wiimii Guest

I would say it would be 99.9% chance of it working properly online, although we need to get passed the hurdle of running the game first .

7. DrewnMods

DrewnMods Member

And reading Japanese. lol

I saw the delay, so Im downloading it

hopefully tomorrow it will be up

8. Disastorm

Disastorm Guest

hey, I don't know if its real, but 5 hours ago a torrent for brawl was posted.

removed

Does anyone know if its real or fake?!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2008
  9. wiimii

wiimii Guest

Who knows , i suppose we will find out soonish, allthough its not even released yet so i wouldnt be supprised if its a fake ,

cool if its real though ;)

10. toofpaste

toofpaste Member

Okay, so if i get past the first hurdle of running the game, and i play ssb online in japanese...would the ssb server be able to know im running a wiikey in the US based off my IP location?

11. wiichess

wiichess Regular member

Its fake. That is why you cant find it on any privite torrent sites.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2008
  12. wiichess

wiichess Regular member

I dont think so. nintendo cant tell if you use a wiikey online. Beside for all they know you could've bought a japanese wii. Again this is all in my head.

13. kaitenken

kaitenken Member

now say im gettin this game soon and theres an update and we get around it good and well. But if theres an update when i acutally get the english release could i theoretically disconnect my chip update and then reconnect my chip?

14. wiichess

wiichess Regular member

Well we are talking about play the Japanese Version with our NTSC Wii's are we dont have to wait for March 9.

15. Disastorm

Disastorm Guest

So if Brawl Japanese has a firmware update, theres no way to play it on a modded US wii?

16. wiichess

wiichess Regular member

If I can download the backup, I am going to use wiiblocker(hopefully it will keep that update from coming up). If is does, then I have to wait until march 9.

17. Zhaden

Zhaden Member

On all of your opinions,
    i do not want to wait 6 more weeks as i am incredibly impatient, and i would like to be the envy of my friends.

So, i have a NTSC (US) wii GC2-D2B, should i buy a wiikey and install it or do you guys think i should wait or just not risk it at all (as it may brick or not be able to play, although id play other games). (is wiikey even worth it as they left the scene and there might be no new updated?) Might be easier to get that wlip or whatever its called too.

18. wiichess

wiichess Regular member

Personally if nintendo adds new protections to their games I thinks that someone will make a new wiikey update. However I am not saying that you should get because playing the Japanese version of brawl with our NTSC wii's and wiikey's might not work at all.

19. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

@Disastorm
    Read the rules - no links to pirated stuff - even it it might be a fake.

@wiichess
    Let's try and be a little selective on the quote function and not quote stuff that violates the rules.

20. wiimii

wiimii Guest

i would second that ;)