1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Super Smash Brawl - Asking for d/l , seeding or posting a direct link = ban

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by wiichess, Jan 21, 2008.

1. powerpk

powerpk Member

I have a couple or original and I have no problems with those, neither with the backup ones

2. smokyrain

smokyrain Senior member

Ok I just realized you said you have the 4.7GB
    Shouldn't that be 4.37GB for DVD5 disks. There is no layer break on single DVD5 disks.
    You should probably leave the update on it and burn it too DVD5

That is probably the problem. I would get the proper 8GB version and try that.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2009
  3. powerpk

powerpk Member

ya i have the 4,37. So i should d/l a higher version for the DVD9 ?
    I though i read that ppl still did it with the DVD5 version on a DVD9 disc. But i already tryed to burn on a DVD5 but faied, but you think i should keep the update?
    If so anyway i can put it back on?

4. smokyrain

smokyrain Senior member

I don't think there is any way to put the update back on, unless you kept another copy of the 4.37GB.
    The update won't hurt your Wii any.

The game is originally a Dual layer game and they have shrunk it to fit on a DVD5 disk.
    YOu could check back where you obtained it from and see if anyone else has problems with it.

No you can't burn a 4.37GB to a Dual Layer Disk.

5. robnyr

robnyr Member

ive searched all over and cant find the answer on how to fix this. I have super smash bros brawl the original disk. I used ISO Dumper and have the full ISO on my computer. I have burned it with img burn to a DL DVD with the layer break and without the layer break and i get errors on both. The game starts up fine and the beginning video works fine but after i fight mario in adventure mode i get the green text error and also right after the credits after beating classic mode the same thing occurs. Also when starting adventure mode the video is VERY CHOPPY but does play. Is there a way to fix the backup so I dont get the error after classic and adventure modes? Did I do something wrong? It is a DL disk so I figured it should work. I am just trying to backup the disk for if it ever gets scratched or lost. Thanks

Edit- also all of my other SL games work fine I am using backup launcher but geckos does not work for any of them for some reason. It says no DVD but the others work fine with the backup launcher.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2009
  6. robnyr

robnyr Member

any suggestions? i have the original that works fine but i want a backup in case it gets scratched because i bought it used without the case

7. smokyrain

smokyrain Senior member

What brand of DL disk are you using and what speed did you burn it at.

Your wii must be fine if it does indeed read the Original disk fine, then it must be something with the disc you burned it too.

8. robnyr

robnyr Member

they are memorex dvd+r DL i burned 2 different ones. one at 4x and one at 2x and both do the exact same thing. they start up fine with backup loader 0.3 gamma but if i go into SE mode or beat classic mode after the credits the game goes to a screen with green text saying to restart my wii and eject the disc

9. smokyrain

smokyrain Senior member

Well as I have come to learn every Wii is different as to what media it likes, and a lot of them don't mind the memorex discs.
    All I have found on the net concerning "green txt" is that the Wii can't read the disk.

I did find another solution here, but I am thinking that was for the jap version of SSBB.

I guess if you really want it backed up too disc, you could try Verbatim DL DVD+R

10. robnyr

robnyr Member

i dont get it at the beginning of the game its when i beat classic mode or go into SE mode and win the first battle. im assuming its having trouble with the videos on the dvd. not sure what else i should do. i burned it twice, i dont want to buy verbatim dvd DL and then that doesnt work either though

11. smokyrain

smokyrain Senior member

Well you could do a google search yourself or read through some of the 130 odd pages to see if anyone else has similar problems.

A lot of people may not reply to this thread anymore or see it even if they aren't active on the forums or subscribed to the thread.

12. robnyr

robnyr Member

yeah ive been searching for a while now with no luck. hopefully someone sees it and has fixed the problem but i doubt it. i guess ill have to wait for an update and be careful with my original until someone comes up with a solution

13. robnyr

robnyr Member

14. kenjisky

kenjisky Member

I have updated my wii to 3.4U and downloaded a scrubbed version of SSBB and every time I tried to load it it come up with an error saying there is something wrong with my disk please turn off wii and try again blah blah. Most of the feedbacks from where I downloaded the torrent are positive and not many have issues running the game. I have a modified wii (have no idea what chip it runs on) that runs original and backups perfectly until SSBB. I burned it with ImgBurn @ 2.4 and left all the setting untouched. I've got numerous games to work with ImgBurn/Nero before but can't seem to get this right. Any help is greatly appreciated.

15. jahbreeze

jahbreeze Member

i burned SSB and have been playing using the backup loader channel on 3.4U. Group mode appears to work fine. However, when I beat classic solo or play a single round of the story mode my game says there was an error and to eject disk and turn off wii. Anyone else have this problem? Any solutions?

16. DudeMario

DudeMario Member

I am having similar problems as these two. I've literally read about 40+ pages of this thread (not just the beginning).

The game loads up fine in Disc Channel, but when I beat the solo classic mode, after the credits, the screen is lite green and white saying there is an error. The same message pops up after beating Mario/Kirby on the first stage of story mode. T_T

Wii 3.2U
    Twilight Hacked (SoftMod)
    Through Gamma & Preloader SoftMii. (I tried both)
    Wiizard Backup [NTSC]

I have burnt the game in all speed 1x-8x, with and without layer breaks. IMGBurn & Nero. All kinds of blank media brands. DVD +- DL just seems to give problems.

BTW, I've burnt very very many Wii games with not a single problem. Never wasted a disc until this game. I usually burn at 8x with TDK DVD+R.

Thanks in advance if anyone can help us 3 and probably many others out there still reading through the 130+ pages. =P

17. DudeMario

DudeMario Member

Has anybody with a softmodded Wii successfully got this game to work?

18. wiizard

wiizard Member

OK heres my deal

I have a 4.0 updated wii with HBC iso dumper etc etc inc rev 9.

I have backed up all of my games with no problem - but NOW i want to backup my Super Smash Bros i have issues.

I ripped the iso myself.
    I put it in - it loaded , told me to change to 60htz instead of 50 (or whatever) i continued on - then suddenly white screen.

i did more research and found i need to set a layerbreak - so i looked on my nero - didnt have the option.

SO i d/l the recommended img burn - i also find a youtube vid that tells me what number to set for the layerbreak and where to find the setting in the menus etc etc.

SO when i go in (and i have a Pioneer SATA DVD +/- RW DL RAM drive and Verbatim DVD -R DL Discs) it says i cant set the layer break???

Little help guys???

19. smokyrain

smokyrain Senior member

20. E2ME3

E2ME3 Member

ROBYNR, JAHBREEZE AND DUDEMARIO!!

Are you using Hombrew? If so, enter Backup Loader's system menu and select 'Configuration'. Then, if you have a PAL Wii, highlight 'Force PAL50' and then press right on the D-pad, next to 'Force PAL50' it should say YES. Then select 'Return to system menu'. Launch the game and it should play perfectly. If you are using an NTSC Wii then instead of selecting 'PAL50' select 'NTSC'.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2009