1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Swap Magic 3.3 Working/Non-Working/Patch List

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by pretense, Apr 1, 2005.

1. Shadow210

Shadow210 Member

I have a question, and I'm new here. I have the Swap Magic 3.6 and the Slide Card. I also have Narutimate Hero 3. How do I go about getting Narutimate Hero 3 to work on the system? I don't have to rip it and put it onto another cd, do I? I did read the list at the beginning of this thread, so I know the game was tested and that it works. Please help me.

2. Kaibaten

Kaibaten Member

Well assuming you know how a slide card + swap magic works just stick it in there and do some sliding. If you don't then check this manual: http://www.gamestar.nl/info/Manual_Slide-Card.htm. But no you won't have to rebuild it.

And why is Wild Arms Alter Code F both in the DVD9 and the working list? Well yeah it works with some effort but the working list is for games that work without any trouble, right?

3. bluerein

bluerein Guest

The rumble fish , just rebuilt using nero and boots without TOC disc now ....

Mick

4. Shipa

Shipa Member

It does say FFXII working (reported to work) but then some people said some pages back it doesnt work..

So does it work? If not how do you get it to work? (Thinking about importing it so original game and NOT downloaded) PS2 model 50004 PAL

Last edited: Jul 21, 2006
  5. Shipa

Shipa Member

*bumb* please there must be someone that knows if FFXII works or not! ^^

6. bluerein

bluerein Guest

Why does my copy of sonic mega collection and gta 3 boot without a rebuild as theyre both of a larger TOC....

Mick

7. Rouzuki

Rouzuki Member

I use DVD Decrypter to back up my games and Fujifilm DVD-R as the media. I've had a pretty good success rate by setting burn speed to 1x however, Armored Core: Nine Breaker and Tekken 5 have not worked for me. If I wait long enough the game loads but goes at about 1 frame per 5 minutes. I tried reburning Armored Core, same thing. Can someone post or email me their Nero or DVD decrypter settings? Maybe I've done something wrong. Also Fujifilm is supposed to be a pretty decent (not verbatim) media so if anyone knows of any problems with that too let me know.

8. l34merik

l34merik Regular member

Yea FFXII (demo)works with swap magic without rebuild. I think the Full game isn't availible until like October (at least the English one, Japanese version is already out)but I'll get it when it comes to gamestop and tell you if it works.

I don't have Narutimate Ninja 3 (I think that's what it's called) but I just got Naruto Ultimate Ninja and it works perfectly.

Also I'm getting Final Fantasy VII: Dirge of Cerberus today and will report if it works tomorow.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2006
  9. shawnmelo

shawnmelo Member

for everyone who is having that not a valid ps2 disc error with that grinding noise i figured it out when you use the slide card and take out the tray the laser drops down and when you swap out the game and try to play the laser and the spin wheel dont go back up hense that grinding noise what i did was take apart the ps2 and do every step accordingly and i noticed the laser wasnt coming back up so the game couldnt spin so i left everything off and when the swap magic screen comes up i just take out the swap magic cd from the top because i just have the ps2 taken apart and switch the game and it is now working

10. shawnmelo

shawnmelo Member

also that is why you should just get a fliptop

11. Rouzuki

Rouzuki Member

Is the list of games that work a list of booktyped DVD-ROM games or DVD-R?

12. lukeybb

lukeybb Member

HI CAN SOME ONE TELL ME IF I CAN GET SWAP MAGIC FROM E MULE AND BURN IT TO CD THEN USE IT IN MY SLIM LINE PS2 TO BOOT UP BACKUP COPYS ? I HAVE THE TOOLS TO STOP DISK FROM SPINNING SO I CAN OPEN THE LID IVE PUT THEM IN I CANT AFFORD SWAP MAGIC SO WONDERED IF I COULD DOWNLOAD IT AND THEN BURN TO CD PLEASE HELP !!!!

13. Rouzuki

Rouzuki Member

no you can't download swap magic, its a pressed disc that PS2 can read and it sets up drivers that let your PS2 read burned discs. It MUST be bought.

It only costs about 25-30 USD, if you can't afford that, wtf are you doing with a Playstation 2?

14. xXGhostXx

xXGhostXx Guest

Rouzuki dont be so rude! Everybody aint able to order stuff online even if it is only $25 - $30 bucks!. Or maybe he just dont feel like shuffling out $25 - $30 bucks!. Lukeybb click this link http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/337567 the only thing you will have to buy is AR MAx (Action Replay Max) which is at Walmart for $20 bucks.

15. Rouzuki

Rouzuki Member

That was far from rude. And he said he couldn't "afford" swap magic not purchase it online or "feel like shelling out" the cash. So I was just wondering why he even had a PS2 to begin with given that the console is $129 dollars (gift? Ok then) and games are generally $50-60 dollars. Sorry if it came out rude, things often get miscontrued over the internet =)

16. stifflerj

stifflerj Member

FOR ALL YOU PS2 WIZ'S .... HOW COME NOBODY KNOWS ABOUT THE PROGRAM "PPF-0-MATIC" AND "PPF PATCH ENGINE" FOR PS2 ... THAT DOESN'T REQUIRE A MOD CHIP OR THE "KNIFE TRICK METHOD" ... OR "THE BOOT" DISC TO PLAY BACKUP PS2 GAMES ... I FOUND THIS PROGRAM ON THESE SITES
    http://www.geocities.com/raibee/cdr.html

http://www.paradogs.com/pdx_ppf2.htm

http://server1.megagames.com/ps2/ps2_ppf.shtml

BUT I DON'T KNOW HOW TO BUILD A ISO PACTH FILE FOR THE PS2 GAMES. IF ANYONE KNOWS HOW TO AND THE STEP BY STEP ON HOW AND WHEN U INSTALL IT CAUSE WHEN U EITHER "DVD DECRYPTER", "DVD SHRINK", AND "NERO" THEN UR SUPPOSED TO USE THE "PPF-O-MATIC" TO PUT THE CORRECT ISO PACTH FILEFOR THE PS2 GAME. THIS METHOD DOESN'T REQUIRE USING A MOD CHIP....THOSE SITES EXPLAIN HOW TO DO IT IN NON REGULAR LANGUAGE. DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO OR EVEN HEARD OF IT???? PLEASE IT IS BOTHERING THE CRAP OUT OF ME.... THANKS AHEAD OF TIME

17. andyfaul

andyfaul Member

Hi there, having troubles with Star Wars Battlefront, in your posting it says that it may need to be rebuilt - I understand what it means, however, I don't know how to do it - and I think I can't.

The problem is that DVD Decryptor keeps coming up with error messages when it's trying to read the iso to the HDD, is this because it's an online game or is it because of something I'm still yet to learn?! (I'm a noob - only been backing up my stuff for a week :p )

Thanks.

Andy.

18. milhavoc

milhavoc Member

i really hope the usa release of valkryie profile 2 doesnt run on dvd 9 format, i wanna import it for my uk ps2 using the swap magic 3 disc

19. l34merik

l34merik Regular member

Ok FFVII: Dirge of Cerburus works perfect on 3.3 without any rebuilts or patches.

@stifflerj
    "PPF-0-MATIC" AND "PPF PATCH ENGINE" is not used for making games work without a modchip or any swap tricks. It's used to patch games so they can go online when using swap magic. The ONLY way to boot backups are:
    modchips

memory card exploit (requires someone who can launch backups in the first place)

Swap magic, Action replay or Gameshark (Swap magic however is 100times more reliable if you want to use it to boot backups)

Some form of hdloader or hdadvance to load games off a hard drive.

20. mza1979m

mza1979m Member

I downloaded Street Fighter Alpha Anthology using mIRC and tried to burn it using numerous different programs and methods, yet it doesn't work properly on my PS2 v12-14 (not sure which). The game loads fine, and gets to the point where it asks me to select the game I want to play (SF Alpha 2, SF Alpha 3, etc). Once I select the game, says "Loading...", and once finished, the screen turns black and nothing happens beyond this point. I use the Coder Set Deluxe 3.8 (http://www.mod-chip.com/en/coder_set_deluxe.php).