1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Swap Magic 3.6 with Action Replay Max for PS2

Discussion in 'PS2' started by helloyoda, Jul 30, 2005.

1. helloyoda

helloyoda Regular member

Can I use my Action Replay Max after using Swap Magic 3.6 and then use my backup game?

2. johnim

johnim Guest

no you use it the other way

max first select cheats insert swap magic then backup

worked every time ive used it

3. luckgh0st

luckgh0st Guest

Hey johnim, are you using the special boot option, I've got the trick to work a few time's but most of the time after I use swap magic it goes to the black screen and when I open the flip top the disc isn't spinning... I know that the trick works , I think I'm doing something wrong... I have a V9 PS2 ( If that matters)

4. HenriPaul

HenriPaul Regular member

boot the PS2 with AR
    go in expert mode
    select game and codes
    eject the AR disk when asked to insert game disk
    insert swap magic media
    when swap magic screen load up open flip top and insert backup
    press the X to start game

work everytime for me that way

5. luckgh0st

luckgh0st Guest

OK... here's how I got it to work

boot Ar Max
    pick codes
    press eject and insert Swap magic
    push X
    Insert DVD Loader
    Press X
    swap for backup at DVD loader screen
    maybe I just have a tempermental machine.... Thanks everyone for the help...much appriciated...

6. jalaneme

jalaneme Regular member

i have a problem with that, i do everything you said here but it does not work, the backup i am using (god of war) needs to be the special loading method. and i cant use the normal method (press X)if i do this it goes to the ps2 browser screen and just says 'please insert ps2 disc'. any way around this? if u boot the game with codes with special mode it just goes to a black screen. i am really stuck on this game. check my sig, it tells you what i am using.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2005
  7. luckgh0st

luckgh0st Guest

Hmmmm..I'm not sure if the Slim PS2 is different or not, I gave mine to my sis.
    like I said, I worked for me like twice using the method that HenriPaul mentioned above , but I could never get it to work after that ... so I started using DVD Loader and it seems to work...so far,so good. If you're using a backup of God of War, I'm thinking that you probably ripped it to DVD 5 , as did I... Perhaps that's something to do with it...but that again could be the DVD Loader I'm using too. I think I got it from swapmagicfix.com. When I get back home I'll try with G.O.W. and then I'll post again.....

8. jalaneme

jalaneme Regular member

yes i did burn it to DVD5 so where can i download the DVD loader and how to use it with god of war?

9. luckgh0st

luckgh0st Guest

You can get DVD Loader from http://www.swapmagicfix.com/ ... my action replay disc dosent have any God of war codes on it ...so I'll have to download them... just try my method above.. and let me know if it works...about an hour ago I found another problem game..Resident Evil Outbreak ( and I'm NOT playing it online either)
    After I pick the codes,and boot the swap magic disc, it's fine, but when I swap again, it freezes up at a red screen... This is strange..I'm wondering if certain games aren't compatabile with AR Max and Swap Magic in combination......I'll look around somemore though..........

10. deadbeat9

deadbeat9 Guest

lest say the ps2 ar max is a backup can you use the cheats for games that are also backups. i have tried everything people say but doesnt work. do i need dvd loader or sumin

11. jalaneme

jalaneme Regular member

there is no where on that page to download DVD loader and i am not registering to get it either, is there any other place that i can download it?

Last edited: Sep 27, 2005
  12. jalaneme

jalaneme Regular member

" OK... here's how I got it to work

boot Ar Max
    pick codes
    press eject and insert Swap magic
    push X
    Insert DVD Loader
    Press X
    swap for backup at DVD loader screen
    maybe I just have a tempermental machine.... Thanks everyone for the help...much appriciated..."

does not work, tried it with normal boot mode, just went to browser screen again, then tried it with special boot mode it just goes to blank screen. :(

13. steimy

steimy Active member

14. jalaneme

jalaneme Regular member

thanks, i downloaded and burned it ages ago.

15. jalaneme

jalaneme Regular member

could it be becasue i have swap magic plus? maybe thats why it wont load with any cheats? i have tried all options and it still wont load the game, it just keeps on going to the browser ot just blank screen every time, without cheats the game loads fine no problems. :( i dont want to keep doing this, i already got 1 disc read error... any other options?

16. jalaneme

jalaneme Regular member

i waited so long for a reply and no one has answered :(

17. dzuldare

dzuldare Regular member

i have ar max and swap magic 3.6. i have not tryed this whole operation yet. i have not played alot of the games i backed up yet, but when i do i know i am going to get stuck and i would want to do the ar max. now why do you need this "dvd loader" what does that do. why do you need it. i like the simple and logical plan of ar max , pick codes, press eject, put in swap magic, use slide card, put in back up and play. jalaneme sometimes i have waited a full 2 weeks for a replie, lol, so feel lucky.

18. jalaneme

jalaneme Regular member

meh, i just hope we get a answer to this. no backups works with ar max and swap magic together :(

19. ChrisKahn

ChrisKahn Guest

yea same problem wit usbextreme. but i heard from some where if you use the swap magic cd instead of dvd then it might work. I wouldnt know i dont even own swap magic.

20. jalaneme

jalaneme Regular member

i found out what the problem was and why it wouldnt load with the games, i had my MEMORY CARD IN MY PS2 and as swap magic 3.6 can load programs from memory cards. it was doing that instead of loading the backup (thats why it keped on going to ps2 browser) so i just took memory card out and done the same as before and it worked perfectly. right! bring on god of war! :D
    So basicaly dont put memory card in ps2 when loading backup with ar max codes LOL

Last edited: Oct 1, 2005