1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Swap Magic 3.6 with Action Replay Max for PS2

Discussion in 'PS2' started by helloyoda, Jul 30, 2005.

1. BIGnewb

BIGnewb Guest

2 questions:
    1)is ar max in cd format or dvd format?
    2)will using a backup of ar max work this way:swap magic,ar max,swap magic,backup?

2. lackyno

lackyno Regular member

2 answers:
    1)ARMax is in cd format.
    2)Yes, that is the correct order.

3. budi5875

budi5875 Member

I used too like you that but i first put in ps2 action replay max and than I choose codes or cheats and put in ps2 swap magic.In swap magic i put my backup game but when i put the game it won't turn on...maybe you know why...

4. budi5875

budi5875 Member

because you put dvd-r. Put original game or cd-r.

5. budi5875

budi5875 Member

it can use just CDs not DVDs

6. gamedna

gamedna Guest

One queston If i buy Normal AR Max for PS2 will it allow me to cheat with PAL games?Do i have to have a certain version of AR Max like PAL or can i just go with NTSC?

7. smokyrain

smokyrain Senior member

I believe you have to get the AR MAX NTSC, then if you wanted pal codes you would probably have to add them.
    Here is a bit of info about that.

8. gamedna

gamedna Guest

Well thats gay cause i bought something else besides AR Max cause i thought that it was impossible to Cheat On PAL game if you have a NTSC PS2,is there a way i cant get Gameshark to use PAL codes for RE Survivor 2?

9. pvanwelt

pvanwelt Guest

I wanted to use the action replay max in combination with my swap magic 3.6 and slimline ps-two.

I'm using the swap magic in combination with the " magic keys " to block the three censors within the slimline ps-two.

I found an guide within this topic and in the faq of mij ActionReplay that says you have to switch disc after selecting codes.
    But my disc keeps spinning so there's no possility to switch disc then.

The disc i have contains a bootloader and there the disc stops spinning but when i change then it says invalid ps2 disc.

Does anybody have an idea to fix this ?
    Or do i need another , working disc ?

10. BIGnewb

BIGnewb Guest

it's gotta say switch discs.then you hit eject not thru flip top.then u insert swap magic and then the back up game.

11. pvanwelt

pvanwelt Guest

I have found the sollution !

I first tried to remove the third magic key manually to stop the disk from spinning, which was a really really stupid action from mee.
    This resulted in two hours work to replace the third magic key :(

After all i found a movie on youtube where a guy shows how it should work.

He did the same as I did, and when he returned at the bootloader (after selecting the cheats) he pushed the triangle button to stop the disc from spinning, placed swap, triangle, and then booted his game.

The solution was the triangle button to stop the disc from spinning!!

12. Razal

Razal Guest

Do any of you know if there other cheat devices besides AR MAX EVO that were compiled especially for Swap Magic, or how to compile one yourself? Heck, if any of you have gotten Star Ocean: Till the End of Time to work with this AR MAX EVO/CDLoader combo, then please let me know. I've prolly wasted 30 CD-R's and and now 16 of my 25 RITEKF1-class DVD-R pack on alternate methods....

13. smokyrain

smokyrain Senior member

See if the following info may help you out.

C/P
    I had the same problem, but i fixed it like this.
    when you have selected the cheats in "expert mode" you press the start button. then select "load game with cheats" and press x. now it will say "make sure the game is in the drive" just press x, and dont change the disc. now after this you will be back to the black screen you got when you started the disc. just press x here. now it depends if you have burned the AR max cd on a CD-R or a DVD-R.
    If burned on a CD-R
    CD BACKUPS: take out the AR MAx cd and put the backup in and press X. it sould load up correctly.

DVD BACKUPS: take out the AR max cd and put in a swapmagic DVD, if you dont hav one, then put in a retail DVD game. then press triangle. the laser controller should move. now pess triangle again, the disc sould start spinning. now press triangle again, the disc should stop, now swap with backup and press x. Enjoy!

if burned on a DVD-R
    CD backups: take out the AR max cd and put in a swapmagic CD, if you dont hav one, then put in a retail CD game (one that has a blue back). then press triangle. the laser controller should move. now pess triangle again, the disc sould start spinning. now press triangle again, the disc should stop. if done correctly, it should say "PS2 CD" in the bottom left corner. now swap with backup and press x. Enjoy!

DVD BACKUPS: take out the AR MAx cd and put the backup in and press X. it sould load up correctly.

14. Latiz

Latiz Member

Hi. First of all, excuse me if I comite any mistakes on my redaction (I`m not english). I have the AR MAX original software and the MATRIX INFINITY 1.9.1 modchip on my PS2, but I can`t get my game backups to work (the AR MAX can't read the disc). I've downloaded the Swap Magic 3.6 and burned it on a CD but even after following the tutorial posted here, when I put the Swap Magic on the PS2 after the "loading game" screen, I get back to the browser screen that shows the image of a PS2 DISC to choose. Every time I select it, the same thing happens (I'm Being redirected to the browser screen). Well, my question is, what am I doing wrong, and how do I make the game backup to work?

15. smokyrain

smokyrain Senior member

First off, I am wondering why you even need Swap Magic if you have a Matrix infinity chip. Does your chip not play backups.
    I can understand using AR Max for codes etc.

16. Latiz

Latiz Member

The thing is that when I try to start the game backup from the AR MAX menu (so that it can work with the codes) It says that the AR MAX can't read the disc. I've read that somehow the chip turns off but I don`t know why. I t really doesn't matter how, but I can't get the game to start after using the AR MAX.

17. Latiz

Latiz Member

please, I really need help. Can I use a backup of Swap Magic 3 if I got a modchip? because i got one (matrix infinity 1.9.2) but even so Swap Magic won't start. I have the original Ar max software but i can't make it work. Please help.

18. smokyrain

smokyrain Senior member

Hey, all I can find so far to try and help you out is the beginning of this very same thread. A few of those guys has the same chip as you.
    Read through the posts on page1 and more maybe and see if there is something there that will help you out.

19. huldu

huldu Guest

This is indeed very interesting.

I have a copy of AR max and a moded ps2. Using my copy of AR max and a backup game, cheating wont work.

After reading about AR MAX EVO, it seems alot more interesting.

I have a 77004 PS2 (moded). Always wanted to cheat in some games but never been able to do it thanks to most my games being *cough* backups.

Just wanted to know if anyone actually got their copy of AR MAX EVO to work with a BACKUP DVD game (to cheat in)? Cause it wont with AR MAX... which is a shame.

Note: using a moded PS2, not swapmagic...

<edit>

Found a copy of AR MAX EVO, burnt it to a cd and started it up. First of all you get to a screen that shows some sort of galaxy (universe) etc. You have 3 choices here: clicking the square will change the format to NTSC or PAL. Clicking X will take you to the menu. Clicking circle will change between spanish and english text.

At the bottom right side of the screen it says ps2loader 1.2 and on the left side of the screen it says what type of cd you have in the drive.

Okay, clicking X will take you to the menu where you can select either PAL or NTSC version of AR MAX. You select the one you want to cheat with, pick your code etc.

Ive read the guides and i dont take out the CD when it asks for it. After a while the ps2 reboots back to the universe picture. And now what? Like i said im using a moded ps2 77004. Tried various of ways to start the game, none works. If i put in my backup dvd (with the game) nothing happens at all. It seems to lock up or something. If i put in the DVD when AR MAX asks for it (after you selected the cheat you wish to use) it just keeps bugging you to insert a disc. So nothing works, great.

Someone care to explain what is going on?

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2007
  20. pimp_k

pimp_k Member

I've tried almost every method here......Could someone really clarify on what exactly is done with the "Memory Card pulling out"

I am using the swap magic version of AR MAX EVO and Swap Magic 3.8

I am trying to load cheats on the game Driver Parallel Lines....

I do the following:

Swap Magic 3.8
    AR MAX EVO
    IO: Always
    Pushing X and loading AR MAX
    Get the Cheats.....Push Start
    It says "Saving" DO I PULL IT OUT HERE OR.....
    Do I pull it out at the black screen....OR BOTH?

The instructions for the game include leaving the backed up ARMAX in the ps2 until the black screen appears that has all the options on it...Boot Mode and crap....

I don't understand the trick completely