Swapping HD's on Xbox to play xbox live

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by SpankyJ, Aug 10, 2005.

1. SpankyJ

SpankyJ Regular member

If you have a softmod X-box... but you swap out the harddrive (no modchip on the actualy board of x-box) To a regular HD would you be able to play X-box live? Also is that even possible? Im trying to find a way to get x-box live without having to uninstall my softmod then reinstall cuz im a complete idiot and dont know how i would do that since i have a custom HD and dont think the original dash is still even on the damn thing.

2. gamemaste

gamemaste Member

yes u can swap hds, yes u are a idiot (jk :p) u do this by downloading a xbox hard drive dumper or simlar (i dont think i can tell u where it is) then use ur pc to back up ur hard drive to the new one then u open ur xbox (u need t-20 screw driver thing) to open in then a t-10 (maybe mine is too big) to un screw the drive then swap and on the hd with smalller space delete the softmod (MUST HAVE MS DASH; usally under e:\backup\ms\) then there u have it!

3. Bubba1982

Bubba1982 Regular member

what a waste of a new hd. oh well. First check to see if there is a way to turn the softmod off. If you can do that then there will be no need to swap h/d's at all.

4. Bubba1982

Bubba1982 Regular member

what a waste of a new hd. oh well. First check to see if there is a way to turn the softmod off. If you can do that then there will be no need to swap h/d's at all.