Taking songs from cd's then converting them into MP3

Discussion in 'Audio' started by MP2, Jun 15, 2004.

1. MP2

MP2 Guest

Hey, I've always used those old dam cd's and i want to take all my songs from my cd save them onto my hard drive then converting those saved song files into MP3 files so i can upload them onto my MP3 player. How can I do this with LAME. Because it seams that LAME and EAC just converts the whole cd into a MP3 not save the songs onto the hard drive then converting them. :S
    Im quite new at this and i know im probably just missing something here... Can someone please help me?
    Thx

2. MP2

MP2 Guest

Um yea I got to the point where i ripped the tracks of the CD onto my hard drive... I clicked on the MP3 icon chose directry to save in and it went and did its thing. but when i look in the directry all the ripped songs are still .WAV's how do i fix this?!?! Any help would be appreciated!
    Thx
    O yea why is it that every time im in EAC in the compression options when i click "ok" and even when i did not change anything it gives me the message " wrong path or program"???
    Hmm another newb question...is EAC LAME? this is very confusing cause when i click on the LAME.exe a msdos window opens up and closes?!? someone please help

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2004
  3. The_OGS

The_OGS Active member

4. chthomson

chthomson Regular member

5. shiroh

shiroh Guest

why mp3 ? ogg or HE AAC is better.

6. MP2

MP2 Guest

Thanks, but um how do i uninstall EAC cause I already uninstalled it and its not showing up in the add/remove programs list. :S and theres no uninstaller.

7. Jane1022

Jane1022 Guest

Hey, I am using Xilisoft CD Ripper. It's easy to use and multi-options. You can get it from the site http://www.xilisoft.com. The site places a detailed guide.

8. Jane1022

Jane1022 Guest

Supplement the last post, uninstall it from installing program catalogue.
    Another, Xilisoft CD Ripper supports ripping audio CD to Mp3, Wav, WMA, OGG, Mp2,etc. and converting between these audio formats. You may edit ID3 tag.

9. blco32

blco32 Member

I find that MusicMatch does a great job of ripping songs to MP3 format from your CD's. Whatever mood I'm in sometimes I use Sonic Burner to convert to Wave. It's however a person feels like like it.