Taskbar , desktop icons VANISH at times....

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by mrlewp, Feb 17, 2004.

1. mrlewp

mrlewp Member

I'm usually working with video programs I think when this happens. If (and too often) anything gets bogged down or error occurs-and I go to close the app., my taskbar and all icons simply disappear, and I have no
    way to proceed with anything. Only choice is to reboot. Re-install display driver?
    Admit to downloading and installing handful of DVD programs, most of which I have no need for or dont know what to do with.
    Updated ASPI driver, and am considering trying out the FORCE ASPI driver, recommended at one video oriented website. Any ideas on this?

2. bird1234

bird1234 Member

What is happening is explorer.exe crashed. If you have Windows XP, press alt+ctrl+del and choose I believe it's File then RUN. Type in explorer.exe and it should reload your desktop. Windows 2000 might have something similar to that as well. I am not aware of that ability on any windows 98 or earlier.

Why explorer crashes? There could be one of a million reasons. Maybe somebody else might know, but I don't.

Sorry

3. devil60

devil60 Guest

Don’t fell like the LONE RANGER in peace and war=== I was up all night re doing this D—M PC I just get it all up now. I was tiring to install Ulead Cool3D graphics CD, and ==All H—L break out it lock up and I lost drivers from the windows and some of the 321 software. Im allso working with videos and some software may just not like the other software, it will say -UP-You-and lock up

When you downlod software know a about what it will do and then put it in a New Folder by that name. Some free software is good others is not. downlod software you know will work on your PC and you can use with the other software you are now using. I all so have Windows XP, and a son and a son-inlaw that I can call if I need to I do all I can not too ( Im now 70)
    _
    _
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Errare est humanum
    To err is human.
    Recedite, plebes! Gero rem imperialem.
    Stand aside, little people! I'm here on official business
    Cave ne ante ullas catapultas ambules
    If I were you, I wouldn't walk in front of any catapults[/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2004
  4. {TKO}

{TKO} Regular member

5. devil60

devil60 Guest

I downlond it and will see what my son-inlaw as to say if it was't for PCs he'd be a bum this is what he dose for a liveing