Terminology Help

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by Curtis-P, May 7, 2005.

1. Curtis-P

Curtis-P Member

Okay I need just a few terms clarified for me.

.XISO - Is that the real extension or a name people have termed to keep them seperate when talking about Iso's.

I used Qwix and it created a .ISO for me in .RAR format or used the same icon as winrar anyways. Is there a guide to use qwix as I dont know if I am using it correctly. I used nosed around the program until I thought I got it working.

when I am burning this .XISO onto a DVD-R, using Nero does anyone know which DVD option I choose ? In my list of options I have
    DVD Rom (ISO)
    DVD Rom Copy
    DVD Video
    DVD Rom (UDF)
    DVD Rom (ISO/UDF)
    DVD Rom (Boot)

Thats about as far as I have gotten. Burned one copy of Doom3 using the .ISO that Qwix made for me and it didn't work.

Another quick question *(Boy I ask Alot)* hope someone can help

when loading my burned copy of my game*(this time it's Doom3)* Do I need to have my Modded Chip on or Off ? as I have a little switch that allows me to turn it off.
    Again Thanks to all that help me out.
    Curt.

2. BR7

BR7 Regular member

XISO.. it's different than a regular ISO. Xbox game discs are read from the outside - in, as opposed to inside - out. It's not really an extension, I suppose its termed that way when talking about ISOs to keep em seperate.

Qwix tutorial ( http://www.xbox-scene.com/articles/qwix-iso.php )

I don't use Nero, but to solve your problem, when Nero first loads, cancel the "new compilation screen" and on the other screen, click.. file -> open, choose "all files" in the "files of type" and browse for your ISO. On the other hand, you can use DVD Decrypter, IMO, much easier to use with better results.

Mod chip must be turned "on" to play backups.

3. Curtis-P

Curtis-P Member

much appreciated for all the help.

Curt.