1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Nero Burning ROM in Nero8 doesn't work with Shrink.

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by PacMan777, Oct 29, 2007.

1. BEERviper

BEERviper Member

2. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Been gone, so a bit long getting back to you. Sounds like you may have been using one of the Nero 8 programs and reprocessing the files before burning. We're making this more difficult than it needs to be. For you and others having the same problem, I'll run through the steps used to burn manually with Nero 8. Express is the easiest program to burn with. It's part of the Burning ROM and can be selected separately. The same process (different selections in Express for different file types) is used for output other than DVD Shrink. Simply put, it's about the use of Nero 8 and nothing to do with Shrink other than you're burning an ISO Image created by Shrink. Other programs, such as DVD Rebuilder, can create the same file type to burn with Express using the same procedure.

In the Backup component of Shrink save the output as an ISO Image File to the HDD (Hard Disk Drive). Remember where Shrink is sending the files or create your own folder. Once finished you can close Shrink (or do another video if you're not ready to burn yet).

The simplest method to burn the Shrink output manually with Nero 8 is to use Express. With Express open, select Image, Project, Copy on the left of the window, and select Disc Image or Saved Project on the right. Once you click the option on the right (moving left to right) you get another window; all Supported Compilations and Images should be selected for Files of type: at the bottom of the window. Navigate to where Shrink stored the ISO using Look in: at the top of the window. Once you find and select the ISO Image, click Open and the Final Burn Settings window opens. Use the arrow on the left of the window to expand and contract the window. Expanded you can set your burn speed and a couple other options. The DVD drive needs to be selected and the DVD in the burner and recognized. With your speed set and Write checked you're ready to click Burn.
    It takes longer to describe the process than do it.

I suggest reading the manuals for Nero 8 and Shrink, if you haven't already.

Hope that helps.

3. adriaense

adriaense Member

If you read all of this you cannot understand that there are still people who are using this software.

Why do they not make a CD & DVD burning software en let all the other rest for an other application so that people can choose.
    95 % of all the other programs people don't use because they simply not working.
    When you want to make a DVD with nero vision it takes so long and you cannot use subtitles.

Cover designer ?? there are FREE cover designers who are easy to use and very good results;

Photosnap...quality is very poor

4. jagman55

jagman55 Member

I recently got Nero 8. It is acting like the Roxio program that had the rep of putting hooks everywhere in your PC. The recommendations long time ago was to get rid of Roxio (sp) and get Nero 6.

Now, it seems that Nero 8 goes out and changes the EXT, or suffix on my video and music files and makes them play on Nero. I keep changing it back as I like the VLM player.

Anyone else seem to have this issue?

5. jagman55

jagman55 Member

To: mzhelfire

You may want to give Tayio Yuden DVDs a try.
    Hundreds of burns and no rejects ever since I switched to Yuden and Verbatim.

Look for sales on Yuden and Verbatim. Costs a little more up front but will pay dividends in the end. But sometimes you have to consider your "throw away cost" I did so I switched.

From What I read, Yuden the best with Verbatim right up there, the Verbatim is made by Mitsubishi Which is a high quality manufacturer.

Never had good luck with the "less expensive", Even Sony has caused me problems but NOT these two.

There are several internet companies like Amazon, SuperMediaStore, MeritLine, etc, that lets you sign up for specials and then when the price gets "smoken" I stock up.

6. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Interesting. I've been using Sony +R for a long time and haven't gotten any coasters. Those were both TY and Sony manufacture. I noticed recently that Memorex went back to ricoh as a manufacturer for +R. Those are good. I've got a lot of my video library backed up on Ricohjpn media I've bought under different brand names. They're now available in the US under their generic name, usually online.

Getting back on the subject with Nero. When you install the program you have the option to allow Nero priority over different file extensions. The default is usually Nero over everything and you have to unclick the extensions you don't want included. To get that straightened out you may have to delete Nero, run the Nero cleaner tool (downloadable from Nero), and then reinstall Nero. Nero installs hidden files that aren't always removed when the program is deleted using only Add-Remove. Make sure the programs you want to have priority over certain extensions have it before reinstalling Nero, and remember to make sure those extensions aren't included in the Nero installation.

7. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

Just to reinforce what PacMac said, I spent a good 15 minutes going thru the startsmart menu of Nero 8 and I didn't find anything about resetting what programs it opens auto. I always uncheck all programs to open auto when I install them. Like he said you may have to reinstall. I'm not having those problems with Nero 8. I didn't try their site either. They may have answers.